Gibson Brands Forums

Why are Gibson prices raising so quick??

gibsonrene

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

shouldn't it be "why are Gibson's prices rising so quickly ?"  

Well, don't ask PINCH, seeing as how he posted THIS  :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Pinch said:

Number one prize to JVI

WE AT GUITAR FORUN, now we DISCUSSION of MICHAEL JACKSON! 

Perhaps JVI also accused of bad thing eh! 

So obviously he wouldn't know.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

You can say "supply and demand," but the demand was driven by the most reckless, irresponsible money-printing that the world has ever seen. On top of all the UE benefits and stimulus checks to everyday Joe and Jane Sixpack, you had almost 3/4 of a TRILLION dollars in what were called "PPP loans," which are not loans at all, but forgivable gifts to people who don't even need the money.

I recently heard from a guy who bought 5 brand new trucks for his business, a 2nd home, and all sorts of other toys and stuff with the money, all legal. You see, all he had to do was take the millions of dollars they deposited in his business account, then use it for payroll while he took the normal payroll proceeds and pocketed them, and continues to this very day. This program alone - almost a TRILLION dollars - is single-handedly responsible for destroying the quality of living for many people while raising the standard for those who never needed it in the first place.

Edited by fumblefingers

10 hours ago, fumblefingers said:

You can say "supply and demand," but the demand was driven by the most reckless, irresponsible money-printing that the world has ever seen. On top of all the UE benefits and stimulus checks to everyday Joe and Jane Sixpack, you had almost 3/4 of a TRILLION dollars in what were called "PPP loans," which are not loans at all, but forgivable gifts to people who don't even need the money.

I recently heard from a guy who bought 5 brand new trucks for his business, a 2nd home, and all sorts of other toys and stuff with the money, all legal. You see, all he had to do was take the millions of dollars they deposited in his business account, then use it for payroll while he took the normal payroll proceeds and pocketed them, and continues to this very day. This program alone - almost a TRILLION dollars - is single-handedly responsible for destroying the quality of living for many people while raising the standard for those who never needed it in the first place.

My son got a $300,000 PPP loan for one of his restaurants.  Played his cards right and now he'll send me a $20.00 gift for Christmas.  You should have your own business.  But then you won't get to complain about anything.  Like my son - never complains about anything.  Never did.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

My son got a $300,000 PPP loan for one of his restaurants.  Played his cards right and now he'll send me a $20.00 gift for Christmas.  You should have your own business.  But then you won't get to complain about anything.  Like my son - never complains about anything.  Never did.

Just imagine if he got a SIX hundred thousand dollar loan!   I mean, what would you DO with all that Christmas loot!?!  [wink]

Whitefang

As far as PPP and PPE -   The US Dept of Injustice is investigating cases of alleged frauds that they receive with credible evidence. Lots of small business owners thought they could play fast and loose with the 'Free Stuff', but will find out that, like all things government related -  you are gambling.  

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Just imagine if he got a SIX hundred thousand dollar loan!   I mean, what would you DO with all that Christmas loot!?!  [wink]

Whitefang

He actually sent my wife a thousand dollar check one time when he "had a payout."  He didn't get that from my side of the family, lol.

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2021 at 7:44 PM, fumblefingers said:

There are countless things constantly happening in the World that have the ripple affects.. That’s only one of Thousands, Millions maybe Billions of things that can alter all things Economic…..

It all comes down to Money chasing Products. Supply & Demand…

14 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Funny, I DO own my own business. But I don't have employees so I wasn't a recipient of the free sh!t. Since your son got a bunch of free sh!t, it seems you're a bit touchy about it. Are you a free sh!t kinda guy?

god save me from this topic...bunch of ladies rambling about anything besides gibson guitar...and I created this....it is like Dr Frankenstein creating monster that did not obey any rules...and started to think with its own brainzzz

Edited by gibsonrene

1 hour ago, gibsonrene said:

god save me from this topic...bunch of ladies rambling about anything besides gibson guitar...and I created this....it is like Dr Frankenstein creating monster that did not obey any rules...and started to think with its own brainzzz

Keep in mind that you presented an economics question to a bunch of ladies on a Gibson guitar forum. Maybe should have asked your financial adviser.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, gdecant1 said:

Keep in mind that you presented an economics question to a bunch of ladies on a Gibson guitar forum. Maybe should have asked your financial adviser.

He got some good answers - didn't like them, because he came here to rant about price hikes specific to one company.   We frequently get people here who bytch about Gibson's prices:  Most of the time their real issue is they have beer budgets and champaign tastes.     I could rant about the price of Rolex watches -  certainly some of it is related to brand distinction/snob appeal (a subset of Larsong's "Supply and Demand Fits All" sobriquet)  - but then I'd start ranting about the price of Mercedes,  then Louis Vuitton bags, Apple Watches and Cabbage Patch Dolls back 40 years ago when they artificially limited the supply side.  But soon I'd realize it was ME that was the key - the common denominator -  to this 'inequity'.   A man's got to know his limitations.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gibsonrene said:

6 hours ago, gdecant1 said:

Chasing Chickens GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3