Gibson Brands Forums

gibson slash made in china

Fernando Gonzalez

• 11 years later...

To answer your question Fernando, no all Gibson guitars are made in Nashville USA.  Gibson do make guitars in China but they are all sold under the Epiphone brand.

As Flight959 points out, some unscrupulous people in China do make forgeries of Gibson guitars but you really don't want one of those.   

On 4/5/2009 at 4:37 PM, Fernando Gonzalez said:

Hi everybody im new here my name is Fernando, and i have a question for all of you guys, i want to know if is a model les pau slash made in china, i apreciate if somebody can answer my question.

thanks

Hi Fernando. 

Yes. Not only that, you can get the 'performance pack' designed by Slash himself ! 

https://www.epiphone.com/Guitar/EPIP5C398/Slash-AFD-Les-Paul-Performance-Pack/Appetite-Amber

PS. Where I come from 'Slash' is slang word (verb) for pee. Eg: I'm just off to have a slash. 

11 minutes ago, IanHenry said:

To answer your question Fernando, no all Gibson guitars are made in Nashville USA.  Gibson do make guitars in China but they are all sold under the Epiphone brand.

As Flight959 points out, some unscrupulous people in China do make forgeries of Gibson guitars but you really don't want one of those.   

11 y/o thread, so...