Gibson Brands Forums

Bonecrusher

Sgt. Pepper

My wife manages the office of her boss who is in the lawn care/yard maintenance feild. One of his clients is Bonecrusher Smith. We got invited to a pig pickin' at his house. It might be this weekend as she just told me about it the other day. My wife has been over to his house when she and John talked to him about what he wants done at his property. She told me he even let her wear his Heavyweight Belt.

Not sure if you have ever been to a pig pickin? I have once and they are killer. If your gonna do a pig pickin' it will be done right in the Carolina's.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, Tman said:

I went to one 10 years ago in Corte Madera cooked in a non PC wooden oven call La Caja China (the China box). We ate and drank all night.

I haven't heard the term La Caja China in a long time. That certainly works. I love me some Q, but the vinegar sauce is not for me, but I'm also not form the Carolina's.

Could your hear the screams of grown men at San Quentin?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

White Oak Virginia, 1988.  Cooked it in the ground all day, drank beer and shot guns, ate and drank and played guitars all night.  Seriously a hoot.  Some of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of spending a good 24 hours with.

rct

1 hour ago, rct said:

White Oak Virginia, 1988.  Cooked it in the ground all day, drank beer and shot guns, ate and drank and played guitars all night.  Seriously a hoot.  Some of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of spending a good 24 hours with.

rct

Pig cooked in the ground, nice. The Hawaiian do that too. The best Q I ever had was at a place called Bea’s in Greenville, NC. If you get there and the ribs are gone, you don’t get ribs. There not making any more that day. The place was in a double wide trailer that was not level.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

We played a retirement party for a couple of test pilot friends, on a farm near Taft, Tennessee. 
Late September 2017.

Outdoor gig, great weather. 
The pig was in the ground since the night before. 

A thunderstorm blew by just two miles south of us, which brought cool breezes and a nice backdrop to about a hundred people partying and drinking (and eating, of course). 
Nary a rain drop hit us. 
We were blessed. 

Here was drummer Bob enjoying a bite in between sets. 
God rest his gentle soul. 

🙂

JngXvOG.jpg

8 hours ago, rct said:

Cooked it in the ground all day,

In Louisiana this is called a "Cochon De Lait".

It's the same thing, cooked in the ground, lots of beer except the music is cajun music.

It's one of many things I miss about Louisiana.

17 hours ago, jdgm said:

We call it a hog roast in the UK.

Very tasty though I haven't been to one for years.  We like apple sauce over here.

[thumbup]

A nephew had a couple when he still lived in Gladwin, MI  about the middle of the state of Michigan, but still many consider it "up North".  Anyway....

He called it a "Pig roast"  Not sure how he cooked it as it was already done and placed on a banquet table by the time we got there.  And it was delicious.

Whitefang

12 hours ago, Murph said:

In Louisiana this is called a "Cochon De Lait".

It's the same thing, cooked in the ground, lots of beer except the music is cajun music.

It's one of many things I miss about Louisiana.

That sounds like another hoot, I would enjoy that.  

rct