Gibson Brands Forums

guitarstrummer

ksdaddy

I met Mike at the 2007 Homecoming in Bozeman. He was nice to me and once gave me a ride to downtown  when my sciatica was on fire and I didn't want to take any painkillers that might mess up my trip.

He was asked to be a moderator about the same time I was in 2008. For a few reasons, he chose to not stay in that role very long.

Some liked him, some didn't. We're all the same in that respect.

Mike was intensely private about having his picture on the forum and I assume he also avoided using his real name.  I am posting the link to his obituary and will take the wrath if anyone connected to him chooses to call me out on it. I hadn't heard of his passing, although I'm surprised Hogeye didn't tell me. I googled him, just wondering if he was still around....  got my answer.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/longmont-co/michael-goecke-10418234

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ksdaddy said:

I googled him, just wondering if he was still around....  got my answer.

I remember his Forum name, not much else. 

I've lived all over the Country, moved a lot in my youth. Played in a lot of bands.

Several times I've had a name pop into my head, someone I used to know in Az., or Texas, or La., and googled them only to find an obituary. It sucks, and I guess is kind of unique to our generation so far, if you know what I mean. 

This Forum was pretty darned busy back in the early 2000's because it was one of the first, and there were no social networks like Fakebook, Instacrap, or Twanker at the time. 

I didn't know the guy or ever heard of him.  I was a member of the forum back in the early 2000's  but for some reason didn't stay long.

But if he was a friend of yours I can appreciate your grief.  I've had many friends from various stages of my life who have passed and it's always depressing. 

Hang in there.

Whitefang

Mike was a good man, and he will be dearly missed!  I went to several of the early Gibson Homecomings, and he did an amazing job of organizing all the events.   He kept everything and everyone running smoothly.  He definitely had a passion for Gibson Acoustic guitars, the folks that made them, and all at Music Villa.