Gibson Brands Forums

Strange Sticker on the underside of Gibson Hummingbird's soundboard

jphilly77

So I snagged this Gibson Hummingbird from the original owner the other day. It is a 2020 Heritage Cherry 1960 Custom Shop that was originally purchased from Sweetwater. 

While I was installing a pickup I noticed this strange little sticker on the underside of the soundboard, in the upper bout area.

Original owner never saw it or knew of it at all. Sweetwater has also told me they didn't leave this mark either and they'd never seen anything like this.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Custom Shop but this is a strange one.

Killer guitar though!

Weird sticker inside Hummingbird.jp2

So I've been looking at symbols on the google machine.

It looks like this may be some kind of pagan or Wicca symbol.

Depending on the orientation of the image it might have something to do with "air" or "earth".

But who really knows?! Except the person that drew it. 

But if the sole owner has no idea about it, Sweetwater either then it is hard to determine why it's there and who actually put it in there in the first place.

Doesn't seem like something the Gibson Custom Shop would do?!

Interesting.

If it wasn't for the risk of ruining the whole scene I would claim to see a swastika in there. But yes wicca og pagan symbols play in.                                                                                                                                   Maybe the former owner's own inspired by contribution. Things like that take place - and it seems it was done by a rather secure hand. 

I'm honestly quite interested in what you find out - and if you keep it there. Ooooo, superstitious or not. 

Many years ago I posted a terrific picture of a guy who freaked totally out over his Dove. One day later he was in the thread from out of nowhere - "Hey that's me ! . . ."

Could happen happen here who knows. . 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Murph said:

I got it...

It's a valley and a mountain, but the mountain is taller than the valley.

Wait...

"The highs are higher than the lows are low".

Yep, that's it.

Ain't no mountain high enough 

Ain't no valley low

• Like 1

Let me try :

According to the Wicca-alphabet an up-pointing triangle crossed by a horizontal line symbolizes air.

The M sign means body fluids from a woman

Now if nectar from the trumpet-flowers can be seen as fluids of Mother Nature what will we then have hovering in the air right in front of it = A Hummingbird

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

The M sign means body fluids from a woman

Pee is a body fluid, if I remember correctly from Biology. Or have we thrown that discipline of science out the window now that many boys that what to be girls, and girls who what to be boys, or be called some random number divided by the square root of Pii? Non-Binary I think is the new Lib name for it.

So this guitar was made by some Wiccan High Priestess. When did Stevie Nicks work at the Gibson acoustic plant?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Pee is a body fluid, if I remember correctly from Biology. Or have we thrown that discipline of science out the window now that many boys that what to be girls, and girls who what to be boys, or be called some random number divided by the square root of Pii? Non-Binary I think is the new Lib name for it.

So this guitar was made by some Wiccan High Priestess. When did Stevie Nicks work at the Gibson acoustic plant?

Maybe translate that into English for those of us here who speak and read English?

• Like 1

Maybe somebody let their kid hang out with them at the Gibson factory and the kid got bored, drew that and stuck it on some wood with the glue hanging around. Then the worker then used the wood for the Hummingbird thinking, "No one will ever see it, so who cares?"

42 minutes ago, Kwlsky said:

Maybe somebody let their kid hang out with them at the Gibson factory and the kid got bored, drew that and stuck it on some wood with the glue hanging around

Yes, kids do things like that. Here's a sticker I placed in my grandparents summer cottage around 1970 - and not saw again until 11 years ago. 

A birdnest on spruce. . . 

Unfortunately blurred ~ DEOCLFs.jpg