Gibson Brands Forums

Check Out My 1948/49 Gibson BR-6 Amplifier

badbluesplayer

Very, very cool.

You know I'm a vintage tube guy from way back. Still have hundreds of NOS tubes from my early hoarding days. I would hit every shop in every town on trips dating back to the late 80's when I realized there were limited supplies and "tubes to be found".

I loved those old amps, not for the distortion that was so popular, but for the warmth and ultra-dimensional tones I was hearing. So, even at moderate drive, I could "feel" the tone. Like I was connected to it.

I had a 1957 bassman combo basketcase once, I sold it to Naked Clarke at the Tele forum many years ago. He restored it completely.

I still have an old Champ, that he actually brought back to specs and put a Weber in for me. And my Prosonic and Blue Angel. And I've been an acoustic player for quite some time.

I appreciate what you do, man.

Good job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, Murph said:

Very, very cool.

You know I'm a vintage tube guy from way back. Still have hundreds of NOS tubes from my early hoarding days. I would hit every shop in every town on trips dating back to the late 80's when I realized there were limited supplies and "tubes to be found".

I loved those old amps, not for the distortion that was so popular, but for the warmth and ultra-dimensional tones I was hearing. So, even at moderate drive, I could "feel" the tone. Like I was connected to it.

I had a 1957 bassman combo basketcase once, I sold it to Naked Clarke at the Tele forum many years ago. He restored it completely.

I still have an old Champ, that he actually brought back to specs and put a Weber in for me. And my Prosonic and Blue Angel. And I've been an acoustic player for quite some time.

I appreciate what you do, man.

Good job.

Thanks, I appreciate to compliment.  I know you're a tube guy from forever.

I did amp repairs for almost ten years and I quit during the pandemic.  It got to be too much trouble getting involved with a lot of musicians' bad decisions, lol.

I said it before, the pandemic was the best time to go out of business in like 100 years, so why not go with the flow?  😁