Gibson Brands Forums

Appalling gibson

galacticelastic

Well, ...

Not really something you would expect unless this came from a store hanging on display.  Which in that matter is definitely in the realm of possibility but hardly Gibson's doing.

Would you kindly tell us more about the origin of this purchase?

16 minutes ago, galacticelastic said:

Brought from store in uk

They are not allowed to open boxes up guitars since covid.so your buying blind.The finish as well is shocking for a £2000 guitar.

I've gone with high end ibanez

I have 2 epiphones so its what it is.

Thanks for feedback

They are not allowed to open boxes...  That sounds like nonsense to me..  Never heard of that one.. Sounds more like an excuse to get rid of a damaged guitar to me...

Plus officially all covid rules have been dropped for months now..  I have been to several guitar shops since covid and never heard that before. I bought a guitar with my niece only a few months ago. 

7 minutes ago, Rabs said:

They are not allowed to open boxes...  That sounds like nonsense to me..  Never heard of that one.. Sounds more like an excuse to get rid of a damaged guitar to me...

Plus officially all covid rules have been dropped for months now..  I have been to several guitar shops since covid and never heard that before. I bought a guitar with my niece only a few months ago. 

Rabs don't you live in the UK? Can they open boxes, you live there? I live in the USA and they do open boxes here.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Rabs don't you live in the UK? Can they open boxes, you live there? I live in the USA and they do open boxes here.

As said above.. Not something I have heard of before..  Theres a company called Peach guitars who take pictures and weigh each guitar..  So as I say.. Just sounds like a stupid excuse to me to try and get rid of a damaged guitar.... 

2 minutes ago, Rabs said:

As said above.. Not something I have heard of before..  Theres a company called Peach guitars who take pictures and weigh each guitar..  So as I say.. Just sounds like a stupid excuse to me to try and get rid of a damaged guitar.... 

And once the guitar leaves Memphis, it may be a POS, or something could happen during shipping form the USA to across the Pond, or at the store. So your telling me a store can't open a box, and then take the guitar with case out, look at it, and then put it back in and re-tape it, and you may never know that happened.

48 minutes ago, Rabs said:

And a bad one at that. 

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And once the guitar leaves Memphis, it may be a POS, or something could happen during shipping form the USA to across the Pond, or at the store. So your telling me a store can't open a box, and then take the guitar with case out, look at it, and then put it back in and re-tape it, and you may never know that happened.

I also bought a car during covid.. Imagine.. Sorry sir you cant look inside the car or try it cos of covid.. Now give us your money and take what we give you   😄   

I also bought a 336 during covid and went to try it first.. No way I was spending 3k on a guitar without doing that..  In saying that I did do that a while later with my next 336 but that was only cos the shop was way too far to go.. So I took a chance with that.

5 hours ago, Rabs said:

Furthermore, "Appalling" , "Horror",  "shocking"?  And no pics?  Really?  Can't take that seriously.

On 9/17/2022 at 3:27 PM, galacticelastic said:

Brought from store in uk

They are not allowed to open boxes up guitars since covid.so your buying blind.The finish as well is shocking for a £2000 guitar.

I wouldn't believe that for a second as what you are describing sounds to me, 100% like SHOP WEAR.

When we get posts like this.. More often than not its the person wanting to publicly complain about the fact that they have been ripped off (or someone tried anyway)....  The OP probably doesnt actually want to discuss it in any meaningful way and I doubt they will be back..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabs said:

When we get posts like this.. More often than not its the person wanting to publicly complain about the fact that they have been ripped off (or someone tried anyway)....  The OP probably doesnt actually want to discuss it in any meaningful way and I doubt they will be back..

I'll second that.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:08 PM, jvi said:

they are a gibson company  guitar called epiphone made overseas that have gibson guitar model features,  call em what you like.

What is on the headstock, and where are they made. Yes G owns them, and they do USA runs of them. The ones made in USA are really Gibson’s, the ones made out of the USA are not.

It’s like a Cuban Cigar and a cigar made with Cuban seed outside of Cuba.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper