Gibson Brands Forums

What the hell is going on at Gibson factory ?

marco mancini

I mean i'm an italian  Customer faithful to Gibson , to date  i have  four of them , problem is that  talking  with dealers here  it looks like they have so many problems   with deliveries , orders , and quality  ,i.e. (new guitars arriving with broken headstocks,  cracks  here and there , etc  i wonder  whether  and when they will get their act together  to satisfy  customers everywhere , it's  not fair  trying  to risk  buying guitars  on line  because the company cannot keep up  with  deliveries  to dealers where  they can finally  check if the guitar is bankable  to their customers .

1 hour ago, marco mancini said:

in fact They arriving  with  broken headstocks  and cracks on fingerboards.

how can that be put on Gibson when shipping is causing the damage

I understand the frustration, but maybe set your scope on the right target before you return fire.

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kidblast said:

how can that be put on Gibson when shipping is causing the damage

I understand the frustration, but maybe set your scope on the right target before you return fire.

I have talked with a dealer "gibson official " and he mentioned  of guitars paid by him and returned back   because of ruptures  and defects , you cannot even order  a guitar  or give him a deposit  for  a model  because  he doesnt  even know  whether  or not that model will  ever arrive , of course  we are not only talking  of cheap models  but even  custom shop models  and i can assure you  that the dealer  which i'm talking about is  serious and  very knowledgeable  in selling  guitars  to his customers  in italy and abroad .

6 minutes ago, marco mancini said:

I have talked with a dealer "gibson official " and he mentioned  of guitars paid by him and returned back   because of ruptures  and defects , you cannot even order  a guitar  or give him a deposit  for  a model  because  he doesnt  even know  whether  or not that model will  ever arrive , of course  we are not only talking  of cheap models  but even  custom shop models  and i can assure you  that the dealer  which i'm talking about is  serious and  very knowledgeable  in selling  guitars  to his customers  in italy and abroad .

Understood the frustration but nobody here is going to resolve how Italy gets its Gibsons. You’re doing the best you or anyone else not at Gibson could do. 

19 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Understood the frustration but nobody here is going to resolve how Italy gets its Gibsons. You’re doing the best you or anyone else not at Gibson could do. 

Sorry mate  but  do italian customers  are different  from the Americans ? 

Edited by marco mancini

1 hour ago, marco mancini said:

No problem man but I can’t answer that. I’m just a regular guy who contributes here when I feel fit. I do not have anything whatsoever to do with Gibson the company, or their affairs. My point was that this discussion will not resolve anything to do with your woes. I would think nothing intentional is being done to screw Italians from getting their Gibson coming from the US. Gibson the company deals with entities they authorize - typically don’t sell directly to individuals as myself. I go to Guitar Center, Sweetwater, local music shops, etc. - all authorized dealers. 

Literally thousands of guitars hit USA stores, there's probably a percentage of damage, but literally thousands for sale 

Now to get across to Europe. 

Leaves Gibson in a truck, probably transferred to another truck.

Probably put in a container with others,  doubt they'd fly a container of guitars, so probably boat.

Loaded on a boat, cruise across , container on to a truck, container unloaded at a sorting facility. 

Transferred to a Gibson authorized distribution center. 

Put on yet another truck(s).

Finally make it to Italy. 

As side from QC issues,  its a wonder all the headstock aren't broken off

Edited by Eracer_Team
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marco mancini said:

You pronounce "tutti frutti" much cooler. 

No, I hear you. It would appear they are overwhelmingly focusing on delivering to US retailers. It's likely both more convenient and a better market right now. 

1 hour ago, Pinch said:

You pronounce "tutti frutti" much cooler. 

No, I hear you. It would appear they are overwhelmingly focusing on delivering to US retailers. It's likely both more convenient and a better market right now. 

Well i think you are spot on mate ,USA market  is much profitable  than the belly of Europe no wonder about that  , but if you decide  to give a dealer in Italy the official  licence  to sell Gibson Guitars  they should be treated   as fairly  as you treat official gibson dealers in North America  and that is not the case  i'm afraid .

2 hours ago, marco mancini said:

Well i think you are spot on mate ,USA market  is much profitable  than the belly of Europe no wonder about that  , but if you decide  to give a dealer in Italy the official  licence  to sell Gibson Guitars  they should be treated   as fairly  as you treat official gibson dealers in North America  and that is not the case  i'm afraid .

Take a basic economics course, and take Business 101.  Review the history of the New World Order and the Global Marketplace, starting around 1984 or so.  You need to understand international business and how it works, not that it is some personal thing where one country doesn't care about what another country gets from them.

rct

3 hours ago, marco mancini said:

I totally agree. 

On 10/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, marco mancini said:

The only thing that is different I think is in the USA and Canada the guitars have a lifetime warranty, and overseas there is a one year warranty. And obviously how the guitars get there, buy boat I am assuming. 

I think they send them out already snapped, so when you get it you are not disappointed, with a guitar that has headstock and neck that is still in one piece.

All it takes is one UPS, FED EX, USPS, DHL ect, person to drop it, or to have thrown in the back of the truck and there you go.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think they send them out already snapped, so when you get it you are not disappointed, with a guitar that has headstock and neck that is still in one piece.

All it takes is one UPS, FED EX, USPS, DHL ect, person to drop it, or to have thrown in the back of the truck and there you go.

Dear Pepper , the problem  are  deliveries  , guitars  that the customer  pays up front   and it takes  ages  to  come on the other side of the pond 

19 hours ago, marco mancini said:

Dear Pepper , the problem  are  deliveries  , guitars  that the customer  pays up front   and it takes  ages  to  come on the other side of the pond 

Then buy a guitar made over on that side of the Pond. See, I'm solving worldwide shipping issues and I'm a dummy.

And maybe don't pay for it up front. Find on is a store and play it. If you can't well you can't.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper