Gibson Brands Forums

Marketing Gone Mad

SteveFord

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'm guessing you must have some kind of a switch set to alert you immediately whenever I post something.     

"trying to find someone you can call a bunch of names ....  you don't have to be a trash collector..."    I'll have to look up 'irony' in the dictionary.  

The conversation between WtF and I had to do with the accuracy of definitions in dictionaries.   do you have anything to contribute on that specifically, or just the usual ?  

Or, possibly just something on the original subject of marketing ?  

Nah...  It's just that the people on your channel of the TV are like the hoods in high school, only with degrees and entitlement.  And guys like me were the ones taunting the hoods just to bother them.

Don't you have an MBA or something?  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Nice try, but that dog won't hunt.  Properly should have used "word" instead of "words".  The fact still remains, your use of the word "wokies" in relation to the root word "woke" belies the true meaning of the often misused and misinterpreted word.  

Whitefang

Feel free to re-write any of my posts to suit your own taste.    

8 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

Nah...  It's just that the people on your channel of the TV are like the hoods in high school, only with degrees and entitlement.  And guys like me were the ones taunting the hoods just to bother them.

Don't you have an MBA or something?  

Yep. MBA.  I’m flattered you remembered.   But I did major in English first 2 years undergrad.  Decided that degree wouldn’t have been worth a pitcher of warm spit.  Who cares big you can conjugate verbs and quote Shakespeare?    Peace, Out. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, badbluesplayer said:

And speaking of Einstein, did you hear about when they told Joe Theisman "You're a football genius" and he goes "I'm no genius.  A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein."

The ignoramus! How could anybody not know that it was Brian Einstein who discovered the Beatles. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

The ignoramus! How could anybody not know that it was Brian Einstein who discovered the Beatles. 

Brian didn't discover them.  He was just their manager.  And it was Albert Epstein who discovered the theory of relativity.  And during a family reunion.  [wink]

Whitefang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yep. MBA.  I’m flattered you remembered.   But I did major in English first 2 years undergrad.  Decided that degree wouldn’t have been worth a pitcher of warm spit.  Who cares big you can conjugate verbs and quote Shakespeare?    Peace, Out. 

Does anyone get a BBA - Bachelors of Business Administration? I've only heard of an MBA.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:48 PM, fortyearspickn said:

You MBA types should be out there stealing peoples' lunch money instead of arguing with a bunch of knuckleheads like me on the internet.  😁

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

You MBA types should be out there stealing peoples' lunch money instead of arguing with a bunch of knuckleheads like me on the internet.  😁

6 years in college to learn to steal lunch money. The bullies in 5th grade had that down pat with only Kindergarden though 4th grade behind them.

22 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Does anyone get a BBA - Bachelors of Business Administration? I've only heard of an MBA.

At least you typed AN MBA  instead of A MBA  like too many around here might( or should I put "to" many?  [wink] ).

Whitefang

1 hour ago, badbluesplayer said:

Yep.   MBAs have given MBAs a bad name, that's for sure.   Almost as bad a reputation now as Bass Players.