Gibson Brands Forums

Have a Merry "Beatles Guitar" Christmas!!!

duane v

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

So what about the funny tone John, George and Paul got when recording with them?

Right.. Also John Fogerty got some really great Sound thru his Ric..

I have a Maple Glo Ric-360 6 String & a Fire Glo Ric-360 12 String & they’re amazingly great  Guitars! Build quality is outstanding.. Like Custom Shop.. The Necks are some of the best I’ve ever played.. Especially the 6 String.. Their Sound is amazing! 2 of my favorites! Especially thru a good Vox Amp with Celestion Alnico Blues…..

24 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Right.. Also John Fogerty got some really great Sound thru his Ric..

I have a Maple Glo Ric-360 6 String & a Fire Glo Ric-360 12 String & they’re amazingly great  Guitars! Build quality is outstanding.. Like Custom Shop.. The Necks are some of the best I’ve ever played.. Especially the 6 String.. Their Sound is amazing! 2 of my favorites! Especially thru a good Vox Amp with Celestion Alnico Blues…..

I had a 4003 for a while. There was a reason Geddy played them all those years. I sold it to a guy in a Rush tribute band named Blame Canada.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Merry Christmas!
After reading this thread, I remembered Jan Owen, one of the US guitarists and my friend from Virginia, sent me this video where he demonstrates the guitar that I sent him 2 years ago. Perhaps someone will remember, I wrote about it then here on the forum, I had to send this guitar in parts, first I sent the body and waited until it reached America, and then again from Russia I sent the neck. Sgt. Pepper even then tried to joke like that how could it be that the body is in America, but the neck is still in Russia 🙂. I hope he enjoys a light Beatles medley on this guitar.

In general, everything went well then, both parcels, both the body and the neck, reached Virginia successfully. My friend assembled this guitar for the first time with his own hands and was quite pleased and sent me this video. He's pretty good at playing guitar, I think. He has been asking me for a long time to send him one of my guitars with my active pickups, which I talked about in the next topic (https://forum.gibson.com/topic/171565-i-apologize/page/4/). So, this is Johnny Guitar (Japan), a vintage LP guitar upgraded by my humbuckers. You can hear its sound yourself, here my friend uses even a wireless way with a transcoder and a simple Fender combo. But of course, it will also sound good in almost any other equipment. It seems, George had a similar LP guitar with gold pots and bridge.  

4 hours ago, Valeriy said:

Perhaps someone will remember, I wrote about it then here on the forum, I had to send this guitar in parts, first I sent the body and waited until it reached America, and then again from Russia I sent the neck. Sgt. Pepper even then tried to joke like that how could it be that the body is in America, but the neck is still in Russia 🙂. I hope he enjoys a light Beatles medley on this guitar.

I do remember typing that, so I am guessing the guitar you sent had a bolt on neck?

Well..., Everything was there, I don’t remember with the neck or the body, the main thing is that it was all there [thumbup].  I still only have a brass plate for attaching the neck to the body with bolts. I didn't dare to send this plate because it was branded with a number and lettering made in Japan, and it was clear from it that the guitar was vintage. And any of the guitar parts could be lost during shipping due to that plate. Instead of it, I sent another plate without any markings.