Gibson Brands Forums

2023 should be a great year for Gibson Acoustic Guitars!

Larsongs

1 hour ago, Larsongs said:

Why does someone who has no interest in Specs find joy in derailing & talking down to those who do?

Lars, I typed this slowly.  Read it slowly, follow it, understand to it and above all, respond to what is asked.

I care about specs.  I care about Martin, right up there with Fender for me, both just a smidge above Gibson for me.

You started this whole thing with Martin is no longer providing specs for their guitars.  You did.  Go edit it, go do whatever you want, deny it, whatever you want.

You provided a link to an article about the words "Sitka Spruce".  That has been going on for quite a few years, UMGF and AGF should both have tons of info about that idea.

You mentioned "select hardwoods" for necks, that has been the Martin verbage for at least ten years.  The aforementioned UMGF and AGF can probably tell you to the day and hour when that started.  Cedar or Mahogany, they just don't feel like having to specify which pallet of blanks they got this week.

You have provided nothing in response to this question:  I care about specs.  Where and how did you find out that CFMartin will no longer provide specs for their guitars?

Simple question that you ain't answering, followed by your incessant distractions, deflections, and plain ol' makin stuff up.

rct

4 minutes ago, rct said:

Lars, I typed this slowly.  Read it slowly, follow it, understand to it and above all, respond to what is asked.

I care about specs.  I care about Martin, right up there with Fender for me, both just a smidge above Gibson for me.

You started this whole thing with Martin is no longer providing specs for their guitars.  You did.  Go edit it, go do whatever you want, deny it, whatever you want.

You provided a link to an article about the words "Sitka Spruce".  That has been going on for quite a few years, UMGF and AGF should both have tons of info about that idea.

You mentioned "select hardwoods" for necks, that has been the Martin verbage for at least ten years.  The aforementioned UMGF and AGF can probably tell you to the day and hour when that started.  Cedar or Mahogany, they just don't feel like having to specify which pallet of blanks they got this week.

You have provided nothing in response to this question:  I care about specs.  Where and how did you find out that CFMartin will no longer provide specs for their guitars?

Simple question that you ain't answering, followed by your incessant distractions, deflections, and plain ol' makin stuff up.

rct

This is from my original post,

“They will be using different Woods but not say what it is? You don’t know what you’re spending your Money on..”

I apologize to those who don’t understand what I’m saying..

There was a time when Martin would “specify” what Spruce, Mahogany or other Parts of the Guitars they build.

24 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

This is from my original post,

“They will be using different Woods but not say what it is? You don’t know what you’re spending your Money on..”

I apologize to those who don’t understand what I’m saying..

There was a time when Martin would “specify” what Spruce, Mahogany or other Parts of the Guitars they build.

You said:

"But, now,  Martin has decided not to provide Specs for their Guitars.. They aren’t going to provide Materials for Bodies, Fretboards & other Parts of their new Guitars..

I want to know what I’m buying. Especially if I’m paying $3,000.00 or more!"

Again, where are you getting that they "have decided not to provide Specs for their Guitars...".  "That aren't going to provide Materials for Bodies, Fretboards....?

Where is this coming from?  Where?  Where did you hear this?  How have you arrived at this conclusion based on a link to Sitka/Lutz problem?

Am I speaking some foreign language to you or something?

rct

Guess who’s not buying a D-45? Put an  - X - next to the correct member, and win an all expense paid vacation to Russia. Forum family members not allowed to participate. Void where prohibited. Certain restrictions may apply.

rct

Sgt. Pepper 

Steve Ford

Larsongs

40 Years Pickin

Whitefang

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

All of the above?

Next stop, Moscow and then get conscripted.  Some prize!

Grab your AK-47, and Army Boots, and you are going to a meet and greet with the one, the only Putzilla. Enjoy the Gulag. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Maybe you should just join Facebook..   All people do is post nonsense on there... And pictures of what they eat.

Nah those idiots are even crazier than me and love politics. That was why started that other thread. Let’s see how many pages of spec nonsense we can get to. Like I said I come here for a laugh and usually get one with all the cork sniffing that get dumped here. All forums are the same. The Taylor guys are going to think their Taylor’s are the best, the Guild guys are going to think their Guilds are the best, the Martin guys are going to think their Martin’s the best, the Gibson guys are gonna think their Gibsons are the best etc. etc. etc.

What guitar topic has not been discussed to ad nauseum on any forum or thread?

17 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nah those idiots are even crazier than me and love politics. That was why started that other thread. Let’s see how many pages of spec nonsense we can get to. Like I said I come here for a laugh and usually get one with all the cork sniffing that get dumped here. All forums are the same. The Taylor guys are going to think their Taylor’s are the best, the Guild guys are going to think their Guilds are the best, the Martin guys are going to think their Martin’s the best, the Gibson guys are gonna think their Gibsons are the best etc. etc. etc.

What guitar topic has not been discussed to ad nauseum on any forum or thread?

Thats weird.. I somehow posted in the wrong thread.. My above post was meant for that other thread you did..  Howd that happen.

19 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Thats weird.. I somehow posted in the wrong thread.. My above post was meant for that other thread you did..  Howd that happen.

You did the typing, so that was on you. At least I didn’t start a Cat Pix Thread. That is very Farcebook.

But we are up to 7, come on hard 8.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 hours ago, rct said:

You said:

"But, now,  Martin has decided not to provide Specs for their Guitars.. They aren’t going to provide Materials for Bodies, Fretboards & other Parts of their new Guitars..

I want to know what I’m buying. Especially if I’m paying $3,000.00 or more!"

Again, where are you getting that they "have decided not to provide Specs for their Guitars...".  "That aren't going to provide Materials for Bodies, Fretboards....?

Where is this coming from?  Where?  Where did you hear this?  How have you arrived at this conclusion based on a link to Sitka/Lutz problem?

Am I speaking some foreign language to you or something?

rct

If you don’t believe me call Martin yourself.. They won’t be providing specific Specs.. Do your own due diligence if you don’t believe….

I’ve already done it but you & others can’t handle it.. No longer my problem..

If you don’t believe me call Martin yourself.. They won’t be providing specific Specs.. Do your own due diligence if you don’t believe….

I’ve got 3  Martins with no spec sheets. How can you stand to have a 70’s D-35 with no spec sheet? Hipocrite.

When you posted they laughed at you about the chip is one of the funniest thing ever posted. You basically posted how gullible you are. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

He has an M-36 and I don’t think he cares about the specs. Man I want one of those. Played two. Seems to me some sort of Spruce top, 3 piece RW back and sides, Ebony fretboard and some neck made of wood. Just going off memory. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I’ve got 3  Martins with no spec sheets. How can you stand to have a 70’s D-35 with no spec sheet? Hipocrite.

When you posted they laughed at you about the chip is one of the funniest thing ever posted. You basically posted how gullible you are. 

I didn’t know anything about Guitars then.. My friend, Rockabilly Hall of Fame member, Jody Reynolds owned it & the Music Store I worked at. He would loan Elvis Presley it & any Instruments for his Palm Springs jams he wanted... Elvis played my D-35.. It is documented with Martin…. They thought it was a great Guitar.. I didn’t buy it.. My wife did.. It was a Gift..

I did buy my later J12-16GTE & do have the Spec Sheet for it….

I don’t appreciate your rudeness… Like I said several times.. I’m OK with anyone who doesn’t want Spec’s.. It’s totally fine by me… But, why should I be like you if I don’t want to?

The earlier Banjo making Guy was kinda funny… He made a Banjo from a Stair.. So he thinks his Banjo is really a Stair.. But, what about the Stair? It came from a Tree. So the Stair was really a Tree.. But, the Tree came from a Seed.. So the Tree was really a Seed.. So the Banjo was really a Seed.. Or was it just a Banjo? 

• Thanks 1

My Martin factory tour was private.  That was about a 16 hour day.  The evening was spent over a few lagers with CFM IV.  I have no need to call them up for any "research", I just email a friend or two.  I can handle anything you have, Lars.

You don't get it do you?  I'm asking you where you got this in an effort to help people who really do care about specs stop this kind of nonsense.  If someone on the phone at Martin told you they will no longer provide specs then I'll have to apologize for the company and let someone know that that is what is being told to customers.

rct

9 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I didn’t know anything about Guitars then.. My friend, Rockabilly Hall of Fame member, Jody Reynolds owned it & the Music Store I worked at. He would loan Elvis Presley it & any Instruments for his Palm Springs jams he wanted... Elvis played my D-35.. It is documented with Martin…. They thought it was a great Guitar.. I didn’t buy it.. My wife did.. It was a Gift..

I did buy my later J12-16GTE & do have the Spec Sheet for it….

I don’t appreciate your rudeness… Like I said several times.. I’m OK with anyone who doesn’t want Spec’s.. It’s totally fine by me… But, why should I be like you if I don’t want to?

The earlier Banjo making Guy was kinda funny… He made a Banjo from a Stair.. So he thinks his Banjo is really a Stair.. But, what about the Stair? It came from a Tree. So the Stair was really a Tree.. But, the Tree came from a Seed.. So the Tree was really a Seed.. So the Banjo was really a Seed.. Or was it just a Banjo? 

The Elvis connection is bad a-ss. Love The King, but your spec worship is silly. I have a J12-16GT from 2001. And if it wasn’t a gift from my wife I’d sell it because 12 strings suck, and I’m not Glen Campbell or Gordon Lightfoot. I suggest you go to the Post Anything Here thread and call me a whole host of names. That is what it’s for.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

54 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The Elvis connection is bad a-ss. Love The King, but your spec worship is silly. I have a J12-16GT from 2001. And if it wasn’t a gift from my wife I’d sell it because 12 strings suck, and I’m not Glen Campbell or Gordon Lightfoot. I suggest you go to the Post Anything Here thread and call me a whole host of names. That is what it’s for.

I don’t need to call anyone names.. I have a few 12 Strings & like them a lot.. 

1 hour ago, rct said:

My Martin factory tour was private.  That was about a 16 hour day.  The evening was spent over a few lagers with CFM IV.  I have no need to call them up for any "research", I just email a friend or two.  I can handle anything you have, Lars.

You don't get it do you?  I'm asking you where you got this in an effort to help people who really do care about specs stop this kind of nonsense.  If someone on the phone at Martin told you they will no longer provide specs then I'll have to apologize for the company and let someone know that that is what is being told to customers.

rct

Awesome my friend! Was that in 2023? Things change. All I can tell you as of January 2023 according to Martin Customer Service new 2023 D-28’s & other Guitar models aren’t going to specify the particular origin of Woods & the specific makers name & or material for other Parts of Guitars & will be designated in very general terms..  From Online Retailers websites it seems to bear that out. 

9 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

Awesome my friend! Was that in 2023? Things change. All I can tell you as of January 2023 according to Martin Customer Service new 2023 D-28’s & other Guitar models aren’t going to specify the particular origin of Woods & the specific makers name & or material for other Parts of Guitars & will be designated in very general terms..  From Online Retailers websites it seems to bear that out. 

So you will or won’t buy another new Martin? I’m confused, wait no, I don’t care but want to make it to at least 9 pages of nothing solved before we end this.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

No man, long time ago.  All the same characters are still there though, nobody leaves a job at that place!

There is an effort throughout the industry to curb the liberties many retailers take with sales language, and what you are talking about is probably that.  But don't believe for a minute it is Martin.  It is, or it will, be all of them.

Here is the current spec page(s) for the current D-28.  I don't know how much more specific you want them to get.

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/standard-series/D-28.html

rct

Edited by rct