Gibson Brands Forums

2023 NFL Pro Bowl

Sgt. Pepper

I think Duane has it. This is purely a media event and network money maker, and meaningless to the players other than to have fun.

NHL is the same way,  there's no real physicality to the All Star Game, and the # of goals are usually off the charts. 

I watch some of the NHL All Star Weekend but the game itself is kind of a nothing burger.

The NHL skills challenges are pretty cool though.  That is worth seeing if you're a hockey fan.

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Now that I would pay to see.  Roller blades. 

Yeah.  And asphalt would be a lot rougher to land on than ice.  A nephew of mine and a bunch of his buddies used to play hockey on roller blades in a place that serves as an ice skating rink in the winter only.  But in spring and summer, when the place didn't ice the rink is when they'd go and have their games. 

24 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I watch some of the NHL All Star Weekend but the game itself is kind of a nothing burger.

The NHL skills challenges are pretty cool though.  That is worth seeing if you're a hockey fan.

Yep.  That's usually all I bother watching during the all-star break.

Whitefang

1 hour ago, 10K-DB said:

please wake me up when its over

My favorite penalty is taunting. One grown man who is a millionaire playing a game taunting another grown man who is a millionaire who plays the same game is so laughable. Are they at the playground? Ref he waved his finger in my face and my feelings are hurt. I’m gonna go pout on the bench for a while.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I'll be the lone voice saying, "YES," I like the revamped Pro Bowl format this year.

Seems like a lot of fun, and very few players will get hurt.

That said, I don't watch TV anymore, so it's not like I'm going to see any  of it.
But I get where Payton Manning and the League went with it this season.
🙂

10 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I'll be the lone voice saying, "YES," I like the revamped Pro Bowl format this year.

Seems like a lot of fun, and very few players will get hurt.

That said, I don't watch TV anymore, so it's not like I'm going to see any  of it.
But I get where Payton Manning and the League went with it this season.
🙂

I think no players will get hurt, unless someone accidentally grabs a weenie instead of a flag and gives it a hard tug.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Do they still have that football game where young women are playing in their underwear?  That’s worth watching.

I worked with the quarterback of a womens team for many years. 1970’s team called the Toledo Troopers. Seven national championships. They were  supposed to make a documentary about them but I don’t think it was ever finished. Interesting lady. 

I think they could have beat Dallas🤣😂

• Like 1

I'll probably watch for awhile at least to see what it's like.  We played flag football in the 5th grade, but by 6th grade we put the pads on and played tackle.  Too bad players today aren't capable of playing a clean game without spearing and clotheslining and such, thus the fear of severe injury in a meaningless game.