Gibson Brands Forums

This looks so bad it's..........bad

jdgm

The trailer is probably far more entertaining than the whole movie.   Ludicrous but based on the fact that once a bear did find and eat a stash of coke......set in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Edited by jdgm

1 minute ago, Karloff said:

yes we are ...

I love to watch old movies from the 30's / 40's / 50's.

People are dressed with class, speak with class, and act like they have class.

It starts going downhill with the clothes, then the speech and finally the plot. They had to dumb down the plots so morons will stay engaged. 

You have to hand it to Hollywood.

They figured it out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Murph said:

It starts going downhill with the clothes, then the speech and finally the plot. They had to dumb down the plots so morons will stay engaged. 

They figured it out.

you nailed it ...

yes, so do I.  I love older movies. they have a class to them you rarely see anymore. I was getting ready to list some of my favorite actors & movies but that would go on too long ... they didn't have to rely on explosions & car chases to keep peoples attention. 

I do however really love the old cheesy horror flicks. the ones that are so bad they're great. but they can only achieve this status when they actually tried to make a good movie. these days they sometimes try to create this & it just turns out stupid.

Edited by Karloff
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Murph said:

They figured it out.

Definitely.

The wife and I have been binge watching old Perry Mason episodes.  Like the ones from the late 50s.  the acting can be a bit dated at times, but they are fun to watch.

The cars back then were some of the things I enjoy seeing the most.   

You're also right about the way people were dressed.  

Maybe happened when it all started to slide out of control is when they let the hippies take over!  🥴

Edited by kidblast

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

I do however really love the old cheesy horror flicks. the ones that are so bad they're great. but they can only achieve this status when they actually tried to make a good movie. these days they sometimes try to create this & it just turns out stupid.

This is the thing. These films are made by people who cant get Hollywood backing but are passionate about making a film anyway. Peter Jackson and Sam Rami started this way making cheap budget horror films... Some of is also is from the early days of CGI and was a proof of concept if you like, showing what can be done with modern computer graphics. Of course some of them are just total rubbish but some of them show signs of genius.

On 2/26/2023 at 4:01 PM, jdgm said:

The trailer is probably far more entertaining than the whole movie.   Ludicrous but based on the fact that once a bear did find and eat a stash of coke......set in Knoxville, Tennessee.

This is simply stupid.

On 2/26/2023 at 5:01 PM, jdgm said:

When I saw the title of your post, I thought to myself "I bet he's talking about Cocaine Bear". Sure enough I was right.  [biggrin]

• Haha 1