Gibson Brands Forums

When Did This Happen?

Murph

42 minutes ago, Karloff said:

lolol, I remember that. in school, they'd have us brush then eat the little red pill to see how well you brushed lol. 

Same here. 

Looking back, I'm convinced it was all a scam run by dentists. No one ever passed, not even close. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

Weren't the red pills called "disclosure tablets" and the red 'disclosed' all the places you didn't brush well?

something like that. elementary school in the 60's. most of the girls brushed well. us guys took pleasure in our red teeth ...

3 hours ago, Murph said:

They taught us in school to brush our upper teeth down, and our lower teeth up. They even had those little red "dye" pills that tasted good but turned your mouth red.

Every time I see a toothpaste commercial, they are brushing from side to side.

Really,  I remember being instructed to brush both upper and lower teeth up and down.  We never had the red tablets in school.  Never saw them until my own kids were in school.   And when was the last time you've ever heard of somebody taking their kids to the dentist for fluoride treatments?    And oh yeah,

I've noticed both side to side brushing and using a circular motion on TV commercials. 

And when was the last time you saw one of these?

s-l640.jpg

Whitefang

1 minute ago, Little Feat said:

So your here to get your grammar and spelling corrected, and to learn some of the secret dental hygiene tip of today. 

And if that doesn't thrill anyone enough we can always crack jokes at Charles being crowned King in 2023.  The world does not have enough Kings. I though Rush said farwell to them.

Actually I come here to CORRECT people's spelling and grammar...such as "So your here to get  your grammar..."   Should be "So, you're here to get your grammar..."

As far as Charles goes....how would YOU like to live your entire life hoping and waiting for your mother to die?    And now that's he's king, we can keep looking over his shoulder because Prince William is just waiting on HIM to die!

And as a note....I type VERY fast......just not very well!    I make MANY typos.....so I don't criticize others except in jest.

Also, I fibbed....I might have a guitar or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Little Feat said:

We went from the the Grammar and Spelling Forum, and now its the Dental and Teeth Brushing Forum.

Any of you guys have guitars?

This is the Lounge. It's for off topic and general discussion.

There are other areas in the forum that are specifically tailored to your Gibson. If you own one.

There you can ask questions about the details of your guitar and get answers from knowledgeable Gibson owners.

This is an old forum with a large history and many of us members have been here for 10-15 years.

You can bet money that any question you have about a guitar has been discussed ad nauseam at some point, or many, on this forum.

Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Murph said:

This is the Lounge. It's for off topic and general discussion.

There are other areas in the forum that are specifically tailored to your Gibson. If you own one.

There you can ask questions about the details of your guitar and get answers from knowledgeable Gibson owners.

This is an old forum with a large history and many of us members have been here for 10-15 years.

You can bet money that any question you have about a guitar has been discussed ad nauseam at some point, or many, on this forum.

Welcome to the forum.

I've been here a long time too, usually for guitar related stuff but I like the lounge too. He knows that and no need for a welcome.

2 hours ago, Murph said:

They used to call it the "Heat Index."

Now they call it the "Feels Like Temperature."

Or even worse. Heat Indusies." WTF is an indusie?

When did that happen?

Aaaaah !  Shoot !   that reminds me... what happened to  DEW POINT ??!!   That crapoloa excuse for a replacement for HUMIDITY?! It was a feeble attempt by the LEFT to pave the way to get us to go back on the METRIC SYSTEM permanently, I bet.   None of the 'meteorologists' could explain what a DewPoint represented.  But they stopped reporting Humidity and started using this vague concoction.   Here we were,  centuries long comfortable with understanding HUMIDITY  - how it felt, inside and out - and 'THEY' tried to do a switcheroo.   Like I'm going to measure the DEWPOINT in my guitar cases.  Cats wouldn't stand for it. 

Oh - Little Feet -  my preferred strings by far - Elixir Nanoweb 80/20 Bronze 12s.

Oh - and Murph since WhiteFang hasn't chimed in and it's been 2 hours -    its spelled 'indices'.  Fancy replacement for 'indexes'. 

3 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Never having heard of the up down tooth brushing, 

Never heard of up and down brushing in the UK?  Well, that does help explain things.  [wink]

50 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Aaaaah !  Shoot !   that reminds me... what happened to  DEW POINT ??!!   That crapoloa excuse for a replacement for HUMIDITY?! It was a feeble attempt by the LEFT to pave the way to get us to go back on the METRIC SYSTEM permanently, I bet.   None of the 'meteorologists' could explain what a DewPoint represented.  But they stopped reporting Humidity and started using this vague concoction.   Here we were,  centuries long comfortable with understanding HUMIDITY  - how it felt, inside and out - and 'THEY' tried to do a switcheroo.   Like I'm going to measure the DEWPOINT in my guitar cases.  Cats wouldn't stand for it. 

Oh - Little Feet -  my preferred strings by far - Elixir Nanoweb 80/20 Bronze 12s.

Oh - and Murph since WhiteFang hasn't chimed in and it's been 2 hours -    its spelled 'indices'.  Fancy replacement for 'indexes'. 

1.  Careful, we don't want folks running dowm rabbit holes!  😜

2.  And that member's handle is Little FEAT.  [wink]

3. I'm not on here 24/7  so a lot never gets addressed.  But I've never heard a weather reporter use "indices"  which does sound a bit pretentious though.   And it wasn't too long ago that TV weather men and women were warning us of "shower activity", better known as RAIN! :rolleyes:  And 20 degrees F is cold enough for me.  I really don't need to know the WIND CHILL FACTOR, or "real feel".  But back in the '70's, when I was living "better life through chemistry",  I'd often experience the "ethereal feel" of just about anything.  🤪

Whitefang

• Haha 1

I'm not a spokesman for the UK. I applied but they told me to f*** off they needed a spokesperson. 

I complained that was gender discrimination. Its been referred to the Ombudsman for Gender Assignment.

This is weirder than 1984. I predict that in the next 50 years it'll be weirder than Animal Farm because people will insist they can identify as another species by then.

• Thanks 2

We've kinda been doing that for years.....

Ever give anyone the "horse laugh"?

Ever have to deal with a "road hog"?

Ever "pig out" at a banquet?

Ever been called a "dirty dog"?

Or a "bird brain"?

Ever call anyone a "snake in the grass"?

Of course there's more, but I suspect you get the drift.  [wink]

Whitefang

3 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Or a "bird brain"?

Whitefang

WF, my actual name is Bob Birdwell.... so I've been called "Birdy Bobwell"; "Birdturd"; "Birdbrain"; "Bird$hit"; "Birdman" and probably another dozen I'm forgetting.

Most folks I know from when I was working call me "Birdy".

My mom called me "Robert Lynn" when she was mad.

A very few people call me "Rob".

My dad mostly called me "Lunk Head"

20 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I'm not a spokesman for the UK. I applied but they told me to f*** off they needed a spokesperson. 

I complained that was gender discrimination. Its been referred to the Ombudsman for Gender Assignment.

This is weirder than 1984. I predict that in the next 50 years it'll be weirder than Animal Farm because people will insist they can identify as another species by then.

Some people (I doubt many) believe you can come back as an animal, given how well you handled being a human.   Some of these spend a lot of human time thinking about which animal they'd like to come back as.   I don't think it's an easy choice - because most animals get eaten by other animals.  Tigers are a popular choice.   Some people believe they have an animal spirit guide - a totem.   Coyote is popular. Wolf.    But, as you suggest with Gender - we may get 'assigned' an animal, or we'll all be wearing Tiger and Wolf t-shirts.   I hope I don't get assigned as a wildebeest.  They seem to always get eaten first. 

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Some people (I doubt many) believe you can come back as an animal, given how well you handled being a human.   Some of these spend a lot of human time thinking about which animal they'd like to come back as.   I don't think it's an easy choice - because most animals get eaten by other animals.  Tigers are a popular choice.   Some people believe they have an animal spirit guide - a totem.   Coyote is popular. Wolf.    But, as you suggest with Gender - we may get 'assigned' an animal, or we'll all be wearing Tiger and Wolf t-shirts.   I hope I don't get assigned as a wildebeest.  They seem to always get eaten first. 

Reincarnation! Of course. Unless you guide & gauge your karma just right, probably wont get what you want. 

If I could choose I'd be a toucan. No question about it. They do their bit for the environment and live in the sun. I ziplined through a rainforest once. I could experience that every day with actual flying.

6 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I wanna be a Honey Badger. 

Can I be a Honey Badger ???