Gibson Brands Forums

The Washing Machine Thread Part 2

SoulSnatcher

4 hours ago, jdgm said:

Here's part one -

I think it was a different company called Gibson Appliances, nothing to do with Gibson Guitars.

[mellow]

Yes I know on both counts.  The last thread was closed & it had nothing to do with guitars either lol. Seemed to be several people on there that knew a lot about old washers so I thought I'd give it shot cuz I can't find any info about Gibson washers anywhere else 🤔

I lost a girlfriend to a washing machine with an "unbalanced load". I was admittedly a bit agitated. But, because their relationship had such a shaky start, it was washed-up before she knew it. (He was drained) I saw that the Permanent Press gave the "contents of the relationship" a few hot and tumultuous cycles before the sweltery tidbits eventually dried up. What a load of sh....

15 hours ago, SoulSnatcher said:

Does anyone know what year Gibson produced their last front loading washing machine under the Gibson name?

Is it a "Custom Shop Edition", or a Standard? (The CSE has an inlaid "pearl" logo and an "inked" CSE logo on the back. The Standard has a printed logo, fyi.)

11 hours ago, Retired said:

WASH! Lol.    We might need a new one, Noticed some high squeaking like a bearing going out? We will have to get a set that stacks. 

What key is that squeak in?    😉 

20 hours ago, jdgm said:

Here's part one -

I think it was a different company called Gibson Appliances, nothing to do with Gibson Guitars.

[mellow]

I can't resist....

You know what happened to Maytag?

Kelvinator.  😉 

Whitefang

5 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

I lost a girlfriend to a washing machine with an "unbalanced load". I was admittedly a bit agitated. But, because their relationship had such a shaky start, it was washed-up before she knew it. (He was drained) I saw that the Permanent Press gave the "contents of the relationship" a few hot and tumultuous cycles before the sweltery tidbits eventually dried up. What a load of sh....

Sounds like a daytime soap with a different spin to it.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

Sounds like a daytime soap with a different spin to it.

I am not typically one to air out his dirty laundry publicly, as it may stain my unsoiled reputation. But your high efficiency, downy soft perspective exposes an unexpected wrinkle that I must wring out. I strive to Gain understanding. 

16 hours ago, SoulSnatcher said:

Yes I know on both counts.  The last thread was closed & it had nothing to do with guitars either lol. Seemed to be several people on there that knew a lot about old washers so I thought I'd give it shot cuz I can't find any info about Gibson washers anywhere else 🤔

So your first thread on this subject got closed down, so you thought you'd give it another spin 😀

• Haha 1

On a more direct "washing machine" reply, (my obtuse, pun laden laundry comments have begun to hurt my head.) I should mention my own machines. 17 years ago I bought my current home, and it came with a Roper washing machine and dryer (gas). A few months after moving in, the dryer stopped working, so I called a local handyman to see if he could fix it. The fix was cheap and easy, but his comment about my machines made a lasting impression. Apparently, Roper is/was a division of Maytag, and they were a semi commercial type of appliances designed for rental units. Mine are quite basic, with analog controls that increase the heat of the water as you increase the washing time. He told me never to replace them, but just "fix" them if and when needed. They both still work and clean/dry my laundry just as well as my father's "high end" GE units that have been replaced 3 times over 33 years due to unrepairable failures. My Ropers are 25 years old as of now, with only one dryer issue due to a faulty igniter. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Whitefang said:

What key is that squeak in?    😉 

I can't resist....

You know what happened to Maytag?

Kelvinator.  😉 

Whitefang

The Maytag repair man sued them for lack of work & breach of contract & they went under. I think they make Gibson Guitars now...

Rocketman WAS a rocket scientist and he had an ES-339 during the same time I was gigging mine, which was like 13 years ago.

Looks like he's been missing for over 3 years.

Good guy.

Edited by Murph