Gibson Brands Forums

Tony Bennett

Sgt. Pepper

Just heard that this morning about an hour ago.  The end of another era.  That he kept working until the end is admirable.  Not only a man of great voice, but of great character too.  The world just won't be the same.

Rest In Peace, Tony.

Whitefang

My grandpa was one of them old-time Italians, and he really liked Tony.  He was always listening to him when I caught him listening to his stuff.  He listened to a lot of those old Italian-American singers.  I guess I gained an appreciation for all of it probably because of him.  Great grandpa...  Just found his ring he gave me I thought I lost 10+ years ago...  Either way, RIP Tony, say hello to my grandpa for us. 

• Like 1

A CBS evening news story about his death brought up a quote from Frank Sinatra in an interview Frank did some time ago.  Frank said Tony Bennett was "the best in the business."

Can't argue with that.

Whitefang

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

A CBS evening news story about his death brought up a quote from Frank Sinatra in an interview Frank did some time ago.  Frank said Tony Bennett was "the best in the business."

Can't argue with that.

Whitefang

The more 'popular'  popular music becomes  - the more I appreciate the music these guys (and gals) produced. 

3 hours ago, Retired said:

Just heard it now from Sgt.  That is a long life and very few get there. RIP.

I think I have my parents album of his with I Left My Heart In SF on it. That may be the title of the album too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 7/22/2023 at 2:08 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think I have my parents album of his with I Left My Heart In SF on it. That may be the title of the album too.

My wife's favorite also. She saw him once but I never did. We weren't married yet.