Gibson Brands Forums

Where were you raised.

CROWB8

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Only been to 3 countries in Europe. Never stationed there. Went with my girlfriend. In the Middle East only to Bahrain and UEA. Sadomy Insane made me go over there with my ship. I was stationed in Puerto Rico and you name an island in the Greater and Lesser Antilles and I have probably been there. Stationed in California and went to Alaska a lot and Mexico a few times. I was stationed in Japan when in the Navy. The USS Midway was still there. The last 10 years I was on shore duty in Virginia going crazy. For 4 years I was on a traveling training and troubleshooting team and traveled the left half of the USA a lot. Mostly the coast and gulf, but when to some rivers when the CG has Construction Tenders. I love traveling. I want to go to Amsterdam right now, and I could care less about the weed there. There is better stuff in the states.

Had a room mate in Fla. He was in th CG and set to go to duty off Fl keys. Wanted to be a drug importer. He said there was no better way to learn. Know the sea routes, meet couriors, importers. Finally got his orders and left. No idea what happened to him. Wished him luck tho. 🙄

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What is sad about it? 

Like on my andriod tab. Discription of emoji doesn't show. So some just go by their interpretation of the facial expression (guessing). I did till I saw it on my pc.

Edited by CROWB8

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

Born and raised in Cincinnati. I have lived most of my adulthood in Kentucky. 
My dad played guitar and my uncle was a guitar player in the Grand Ole Opry house band in his younger days. I started to play at around 10 years old. 

Not enough sir. Aint gettin off that easy. 🙃 What brought you to KY?

Edited by CROWB8

16 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Had a room mate in Fla. He was in th CG and set to go to duty off Fl keys. Wanted to be a drug importer. He said there was no better way to learn. Know the sea routes, meet couriors, importers. Finally got his orders and left. No idea what happened to him. Wished him luck tho. 🙄

Been to Key West many times. After 2 days there I had enough. I loved going to Miami for Cuban food. 

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Been to Key West many times. After 2 days there I had enough. I loved going to Miami for Cuban food. 

I always wanted to drive the long bridge through the keys down to Key West.

I flew into Miami and rented a car to drive down to Key West.

Stopped at the bar in Key Largo where the movie was filmed for lunch.

Had a good time.

18 minutes ago, CROWB8 said:

Like on my andriod tab. Discription of emoji doesn't show. So some just go by their interpretation of the facial expression (guessing). I did till I saw it on my pc.

Had no idea 🏆meant "trophy wife" 

10 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I always wanted to drive the long bridge through the keys down to Key West.

I flew into Miami and rented a car to drive down to Key West.

Stopped at the bar in Key Largo where the movie was filmed for lunch.

Had a good time.

I never did the drive. When I was going to Miami or KW, I was going to fix a ship. Killer food in KW if you know where to go. One island up, Stock Island has a place called Hog Fish Grill. I guess the only way to catch these things is spear them. Killer fish sandwiches.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I never did the drive. When I was going to Miami or KW, I was going to fix a ship. Killer food in KW if you know where to go. One island up, Stock Island has a place called Hog Fish Grill. I guess the only way to catch these things is spear them. Killer fish sandwiches.

I was in KW to investigate a transit bus that burned up....so I was there probably 2 days...could have flown directly there, but I wanted to make that drive.....the bad thing is the speed limit is 45.....and there is ONE road the cops on each Key watch....and if you go 46 they will pull you over.....no where to go....

I was born in Deerfield IL, my dad moved us to a little town called Saugatuck on the Kalamazoo river in west Michigan in '72.

Growing up there, both my mom and dad played acoustic guitar, my mom would show me how to do alternate bass lines on the E and A or A and D stings in conjunction with strumming open chords.

But it wasn't til after highschool when a couple of friends of mine started up a band and I would watch them learn songs like REM's Driver Eight, or the Cult's She Sells Sanctuary that I  really wanted to play electric and do the whole band thing.

Christmas '86 my dad bought me a Peavey Patriot dual single coil guitar (still have it).

I was able to get a small solid state amp as well, and within five years I bought my LP custom and was lead guitar in an original music band.

I still live in the same county, folks have both passed, and all my playing is in my living room, but I've got a ton of happy memories.

• Like 1

****heroe, Lancashire here in the UK.  ****heroe was originally a Viking settlement (a lot of the inhabitants still have blond hair and a hand defect as they get older, my Doctor told me that it was a Viking thing, I thought she was having me on, but it seems there is some truth in it)  where they built a wooden fort which was replaced in the 12th century by the Norman Barron Robert De Lacy by the current building.

ZYhTZKk.jpg

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You guys and girls in foreign countries have cool castles and stuff, we in the US just have a dumb White House.

I visited a few castles in Ireland..... they're pretty dark and dank.... no running water.....narrow & steep stairs.....NOT somewhere I'd want to live!   

But they are cool!    I kissed the Blarney Stone, (but I made sure my lips didn't actually touch it).

9 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I visited a few castles in Ireland..... they're pretty dark and dank.... no running water.....narrow & steep stairs.....NOT somewhere I'd want to live!   

But they are cool!    I kissed the Blarney Stone, (but I made sure my lips didn't actually touch it).

I went to a castle in Switzerland. 

How did you kiss it if your lips didn't touch it.  Like sex, if little DanvillRob didn't make entry you didn't have sex.

43 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How did you kiss it if your lips didn't touch it.  Like sex, if little DanvillRob didn't make entry you didn't have sex.

I kissed it the same way I used to kiss my grandmother who 'dipped snuf'..... sucked my lips in, and got away as fast as I could!

(and by the way....I don't think you're allowed to use "Little Pepper" there!)

And would it be called "Private Pepper"?

THIS is the only castle to be found near where I live.  [wink]

WhiteCastle.jpg?w=1920&h=1080&crop=1

But really, there is a castle-like building near downtown Detroit, the GAR building:

NEWS02_822009999_PH_1_NNCURYQULPDJ.jpg

Whitefang

8 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

THIS is the only castle to be found near where I live.  [wink]

WhiteCastle.jpg?w=1920&h=1080&crop=1

That one is my favorite kind of Castle. I was introduced to them in NJ in '81. I have had them in the Detroit area.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LPguitarman said:

St. Louis, Missouri.  Born and raised and still here.

Very adventurous sir. 🙃 me bets you have more. But, take what I can get. Ty sir.

------

Edit,

Still, there's a lot to St. Louis. Not a small boring city by any means. Good night life, comedy, music, and tons of history. One of the places I'd like to see. Not too far from me so may happen.

Edited by CROWB8
  • Like 1