Gibson Brands Forums

And now, a story about the time Mister Quackers came to visit

SteveFord

• SteveFord changed the title to And now, a story about the time Mister Quackers came to visit

Some of these performers age well.  They really are like fine wines, and it seems that they do get better over time.

They still got it.

Then there's clowns like this guy, who should have hung up the skates a long time ago. 

These guys simply get worse with age.

Good luck to those wasting good money on this looser.

Edited by kidblast

Hey Rog how about re-recording all the classic Floyd albums into new stupid inferior ones. The world deserves it. The man has made and been on some of the most classic rock albums of all time and he wants to try to erase it. Just like taking down a statue of a Civil War General. By doing that you just changed history, huh? Nope. You just took down a statue and now you feel better and racism is solved, right. Once again nope. Its too bad Andy Kaufman is not alive anymore. Think of the great evening you could have, Roger reading pet stories off his laptop, and Andy ready the Great Gatsby. Fun time for all. And after all that - milk and cookies. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Buy a ticket to see him and find out.

Unless he's been banned for running around in an SS uniform like he did not too long ago.  Although, at his age it's probably more like hobbling around in an SS uniform.

I hear he has an autobiography coming out, I'm guessing it's basically I'm so wonderful, you're not.

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Buy a ticket to see him and find out.

I would, but I doubt there's a guaranteed Mister Quackers story.

Odd thing to do, reading disjointed stories from a laptop onstage... 

Edited by Pinch
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I would, but I doubt there's a guaranteed Mister Quackers story.

Odd thing to do, reading disjointed stories from a laptop onstage... 

Yeah go see him, you may not get the Quackers story, but there is a good chance Rog will tell you to go F off. And you can hear some re-recorded DSOTM.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 10/15/2023 at 8:53 AM, SteveFord said:

If we're really lucky, he'll remake Animals and get rid of that giant flying pig and roll out in inflatible Mr. Quackers.

Hope he wasn't eating berries before the show, maybe I'll  pack an umbrella instead of a US Bong (for once).

It fits last I checked a duck is an Animal.

Side One

Ducks On The Wing (Part 1)

Ducks

Side Two

Ducks (Three Different Quacks)

Ducklings

Ducks On The Wing (Part 2)

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IanHenry said:

I get the impression that Rodger has always been troubled, he's always had an obsession with his deceased father, a bit like Prince Harry with his mother. 

There are reasons. His father was killed in WWII when Rog was a baby, and I think he grew up never knowing his real father. That I think in the main reason, there has to be more though. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper