Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibsons in 2024..

Rabs

Nothing new there for me.. Although, I have submitted requests for Guitars I’d buy.

Same with Fender.. I ordered a new Gretsch G-6119T-62GE Vintage Select Tennessee Rose.. (Although, technically, Gretsch is under the Fender umbrella)..

Edited by Larsongs
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Michael13Fr said:

I'm really interested in the new Les Paul Studio Modern.
Especially the wine red one

Yeah, I liked that too, quite a lot.. Especially  as these are the first studios with Ebony boards I think since the mid 90s.

• Like 1

Maybe I conquered my GAS but there is nothing I am pining for whatsoever on the new guitar market. I have lost interest in other guitars/gear I used to keep an eye out for as well. I own 13 guitars and 11 are high end Gibson guitars. I’ve come to the conclusion that I have all I would ever want in a lifetime. I play how I play and I sound how I sound for the most part with any of these 13 guitars so I ask myself what am I missing - what’s the point of acquiring more?  Not knocking anyone else how they choose to use their money/time. I feel I’m in a nice place right now. I hated it in the past when I’d see something else and it would consume my thoughts until I got it, then I’d be looking for another guitar shortly after. Viscous cycle…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

Maybe I conquered my GAS but there is nothing I am pining for whatsoever on the new guitar market. I have lost interest in other guitars/gear I used to keep an eye out for as well. I own 13 guitars and 11 are high end Gibson guitars. I’ve come to the conclusion that I have all I would ever want in a lifetime. I play how I play and I sound how I sound for the most part with any of these 13 guitars so I ask myself what am I missing - what’s the point of acquiring more?  Not knocking anyone else how they choose to use their money/time. I feel I’m in a nice place right now. I hated it in the past when I’d see something else and it would consume my thoughts until I got it, then I’d be looking for another guitar shortly after. Viscous cycle…

I’m up to 34.. Mostly high end Gibson, Fender, Gretsch, Rickenbacker & Martin.. There’s nothing on Gibson’s new Guitar list the OP posted that are for me..

But, there are still a few Guitars I’d like.. A reissue ‘65 Gibson Firebird VII.. 3 Pickups, Maestro, Sunburst with Gold hardware is one. A Martin D-45 is another..

I do a lot of Recording. I play all kinds of genres & periods. Different Guitars capture the Sound of certain Era’s & Genre’s better than others.. A Fender Jag or Jazzmaster works better on 60’s Surf than a 335. And a 335 works better on Jazz than a Rickenbacker 12 string.. The exploration of a Sound is still interesting for me…

I know I’m overboard & may have a problem! But, in addition to playing Music on them they’re my Art Collection.. 

Larsongs

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

I’m up to 34.. Mostly high end Gibson, Fender, Gretsch, Rickenbacker & Martin.. There’s nothing on Gibson’s new Guitar list the OP posted that are for me..

But, there are still a few Guitars I’d like.. A reissue ‘65 Gibson Firebird VII.. 3 Pickups, Maestro, Sunburst with Gold hardware is one. A Martin D-45 is another..

I do a lot of Recording. I play all kinds of genres & periods. Different Guitars capture the Sound of certain Era’s & Genre’s better than others.. A Fender Jag or Jazzmaster works better on 60’s Surf than a 335. And a 335 works better on Jazz than a Rickenbacker 12 string.. The exploration of a Sound is still interesting for me…

I know I’m overboard & may have a problem! But, in addition to playing Music on them they’re my Art Collection.. 

Larsongs

No one here including myself claiming you have a problem haha! Sounds like you have a purpose to it all. Everyone is different and appreciate you sharing with us here what your purpose is. I did at one time enjoy the grind of finding guitars that excited me to acquire, just that that “flame” seems to be faint these days from my perspective. I feel at this present moment I am contented with my collection and I have welcomed it. Many great wishes to you and your success.

30 minutes ago, NighthawkChris said:

No one here including myself claiming you have a problem haha! Sounds like you have a purpose to it all. Everyone is different and appreciate you sharing with us here what your purpose is. I did at one time enjoy the grind of finding guitars that excited me to acquire, just that that “flame” seems to be faint these days from my perspective. I feel at this present moment I am contented with my collection and I have welcomed it. Many great wishes to you and your success.

Thanks.. I do get where you are at.. There will come a time I’ll feel the same I’m sure. Selling them off will be a pain. I can see a point when I’ll only need a handful of Guitars..

I’ve always thought when I’m old I’ll go back to my Blues & Rhythm & Blues beginnings.. I imagine myself wearing a Suit & Hat like Robert Johnson.. Playing an Acoustic Slide Guitar & my Harps in little Blues Clubs.... Play & sing the old 3 chord stuff I played when I was just learning.. I still think a lot of that is as good as anything that has come along since…

I’m happy for you finding contentment. That is a most worthy achievement.. 

• Thanks 1

How many guitars, wrist watches, sports cars, trophy wives a person accumulates is a function of their ability to fund those desires. 

There is actually an algebraic, algorithmic formula - once posted here -  if I remember, it goes something like: 

N =  H +1

Where N  is how many guitars you Need,  and  H is how many you Have. 

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2023 at 11:44 AM, merciful-evans said:

(adopting sm@rt@ss mode) They hang the tuning machines on there 😉

Intelligence update accepted! 😄
They want to make it look like a Gibson headstock, but there's a 3-screw trussrod cover, making it look like a fake.
Fender did this very elegantly with their brand Charvel, and the headstock is just as beatiful as the original.

23 hours ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

Intelligence update accepted! 😄
They want to make it look like a Gibson headstock, but there's a 3-screw trussrod cover, making it look like a fake.
Fender did this very elegantly with their brand Charvel, and the headstock is just as beatiful as the original.

I hadn't noticed but suppose its traditional with Epiphone.  I never minded the Epi headstock shape, but most people disliked it.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:44 AM, fortyearspickn said:

How many guitars, wrist watches, sports cars, trophy wives a person accumulates is a function of their ability to fund those desires. 

There is actually an algebraic, algorithmic formula - once posted here -  if I remember, it goes something like: 

N =  H +1

Where N  is how many guitars you Need,  and  H is how many you Have. 

Haha it’s funny because it’s true