Gibson Brands Forums

My Holiday Greeting Video for 2023

Red 333

Once a year I open my DAW software and try my hand at some music recording, and then make a video out of the  completed song. This year, I chose We Three Kings. It's a full, one-man band effort, not an acoustic-only performance, but it does feature my Short-scale Maple Advanced Jumbo as one of the two rhythm guitars. The other is an Epiphone Paul McCartney Texan capoed at the 7th fret. Also featured are two other Epiphones--the new (and fantastic) Shinichi Ubukata ES-355 and a Jack Casady Bass. I hope it puts a little smile on your face. Happy Holidays and I hope you all get some new strings. 

Red 333

http://youtu.be/I_cbSD_R_6U

Edited by Red 333
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This tops previous greetings - and how for a kool song  

May that Casady 4-string continue to guide you through rain fog sun blizzards & bliss

• Like 2

1 hour ago, E-minor7 said:

This tops previous greetings - and how for a kool song  

May that Casady 4-string continue to guide you through rain fog sun blizzards & bliss

Thanks, Em. I remember you remarking on the sound of  that bass when I posted last year's video. I only play bass once a year for the one song usually, but when I do, the Jack Casady makes me feel like a badass. Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red 333 said:

Thanks, Em. I remember you remarking on the sound of  that bass when I posted last year's video. I only play bass once a year for the one song usually, but when I do, the Jack Casady makes me feel like a badass. Happy Holidays!

Good memory - have a very weak spot for J.C.s here. (and btw. listened to a couple of other versions after enjoying your version) 

Same back to you. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

… One of the many things I look forward to this time of year is noodling Christmas Songs on my guitar. . .

We discovered this year, as I try to scrape the rust off my fingers as my better half is just starting out: picking out Christmas tunes is a ball! Good for retraining my ears, and  it’s been great watching them on the square-neck conquering each carol, growing more confident by leaps.  Merry old dogs, man, merry old dogs.  

Congratulations- you have really communicated the joy of The Season. Amazing work, and I'm sure it was a labor of love for you. Once again, you have raised the bar on your own work. Lots of looking up to the heavens, with graphics to match. The instruments all looked and sounded awesome. Merry Christmas to you and all the forumites . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Good Job !    One of the many things I look forward to this time of year is noodling Christmas Songs on my guitar.  And hearing others like you actually perform them so well !  

There are so many great holiday songs. Happy picking. And Happy Holidays!

On 12/21/2023 at 8:36 AM, Larsongs said:

Great job!

I’m interested in Green Screen.. I’m going to try my hand at it in 2024.. As I would like to make more professional Videos. Would you mind if I ask you questions from time to time?

Merry Christmas!

Of course! DM me any time. Merry Christmas!

Red 333

On 12/21/2023 at 8:18 AM, Red 333 said:

Once a year I open my DAW software and try my hand at some music recording, and then make a video out of the  completed song. This year, I chose We Three Kings. It's a full, one-man band effort, not an acoustic-only performance, but it does feature my Short-scale Maple Advanced Jumbo as one of the two rhythm guitars. The other is an Epiphone Paul McCartney Texan capoed at the 7th fret. Also featured are two other Epiphones--the new (and fantastic) Shinichi Ubukata ES-355 and a Jack Casady Bass. I hope it puts a little smile on your face. Happy Holidays and I hope you all get some new strings. 

Red 333

http://youtu.be/I_cbSD_R_6U

Excellent! A lot of work there

Thanks and happy holiday to you and all.

BluesKing777.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:43 AM, PrairieDog said:

We discovered this year, as I try to scrape the rust off my fingers as my better half is just starting out: picking out Christmas tunes is a ball! Good for retraining my ears, and  it’s been great watching them on the square-neck conquering each carol, growing more confident by leaps.  Merry old dogs, man, merry old dogs.  

Merry old dogs to you, too

Red 333

On 12/21/2023 at 4:14 PM, 62burst said:

Congratulations- you have really communicated the joy of The Season. Amazing work, and I'm sure it was a labor of love for you. Once again, you have raised the bar on your own work. Lots of looking up to the heavens, with graphics to match. The instruments all looked and sounded awesome. Merry Christmas to you and all the forumites . 

Some people put up lots of light and decorations in the yard. This is what I do. It is a lot of work, but each year I feel like I learn something new about recording or compositing or playing, so it's worth it. And I'm especially gratified by all the holiday greetings and comments the video prompts here and on Facebook, where I post it for my friends there. Thanks for the very generous compliments. Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Red 333

On 12/22/2023 at 8:04 AM, kwalker201 said:

I was driving home the other day thinking about if we were going to get a Christmas video from you. Red  have spoiled us all with your highly skilled talent each holiday season. Thank you for the post and Merry Christmas!

Keith

Thank you, Kieth! You are much too generous. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Red 333