Gibson Brands Forums

Albums You Should Own

Just now, Karloff said:

I never get tired of this album. 

There is a set called Yes -  Progeny - Seven Shows from '72. And it is what it says. You can tell after listening to all 7, that like most LIVE albums, boo boo's were fixed. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 6:53 AM, saturn said:

You might not know you should own it, but you should own:

Green Day - American Idiot

They can afford to move anywhere if they don't like it. It's like that a-sshole Tom Morello and his commie BS. Move to an oppressive regime if that's your idea of a good time. If not, stop wearing their symbols.

2 hours ago, Pinch said:

They can afford to move anywhere if they don't like it. It's like that a-sshole Tom Morello and his commie BS. Move to an oppressive regime if that's your idea of a good time. If not, stop wearing their symbols.

Have you ever listened to the album?

12 hours ago, rct said:

Oh man.  That guy was fantastic live, Jeff Gollub was makin all that good guitar noise.  GREAT show back then.

rct

The song Two Daze Gone is killer. MTV made that guy huge. The one with him prancing around in the bedroom killed his career.

13 hours ago, saturn said:

Have you ever listened to the album?

I have heard some.

Can you point to the place on the album where the bad man in his 50's, who dresses like he is 15 to keep up an image, and wears mascara touched you?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous.

Some say like Kiss - Alive! it had a lot of mistakes fixed. 

I have a deluxe set of it and it has the original release and 7 full concerts form different tours of the classic line up.

On 2/6/2024 at 6:48 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Can you point to the place where the bad man in his 50's, who wears mascara touched you?

Pepper is right.

I've never seen a musician defend green day.

Ever.

2 minutes ago, Murph said:

Pepper is right.

Ever.

Saturn does. They are just one of those bands I can't wrap my head around what it is that people see in them. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

5 minutes ago, Murph said:

Pepper is right.

Ever.

3 minutes ago, Murph said:

And , I've never said that before....

lol ... Pepper does say what he's got to say ... lol

1 minute ago, Karloff said:

some guy singing like he has a raging sinus infection ... 

Billy Joe is 51, I just looked it up and he dresses like he is a 15 year old, and wears more mascara than David Johansen did when he was in the New York Dolls. Ya gotta keep up the image or the 12 year olds won't buy into it.

On 2/6/2024 at 7:48 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have heard some.

Can you point to the place on the album where the bad man in his 50's, who dresses like he is 15 to keep up an image, and wears mascara touched you?

I just like it. It reminds me of Abbey Road. Not saying they are anywhere as good as The Beatles. But there are recurring themes like on AR and the production is perfect. I don't think Billy was in his 50s when he recorded it. 

1 hour ago, saturn said:

...and the production is perfect...

It is.  They did a great job on that record, they really caught it well.  I just chuckle when people bash them guys.  I've done that stuff, I've had to sing it and play it.  It'll make you work for what little money we get.

rct