Gibson Brands Forums

Albums You Should Own

Pity no Beatles or Zappa allowed.  In that case:

The Doors La Woman

thedoors_lawoman_8sey-500x500.jpg&f=1&no

The Who Quadrophenia Soundtrack

who~~~~~~~~_quadrophe_101b.jpg&f=1&nofb=

The Monkees Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones LTD.

album_large_6250_5e24a762bed95.jpg&f=1&n

Edited by Bronx
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Pity no Beatles or Zappa allowed.  In that case:

The Doors La Woman

thedoors_lawoman_8sey-500x500.jpg&f=1&no

The Who Quadrophenia Soundtrack

who~~~~~~~~_quadrophe_101b.jpg&f=1&nofb=

The Monkees Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones LTD.

album_large_6250_5e24a762bed95.jpg&f=1&n

They are allowed I just said I was not going to post albums by either band.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:50 AM, gearbasher said:

sweetheart-of-the-rodeo.jpg

That one is my fav by them. To bad they only made one album with Gram. 

Easy Rider was not bad but it wasn't Sweetheart.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

How about Humble Pie - Performance - Rockin' The Fillmore,

I have the 4 CD set of the 4 shows they did over the 2 days there that became the album.

Four Day Creep still knocks me out.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Upvote 1

Its basically a studio album with some added audience noise. In honor of Guitar God, and an album I wore out when I was younger. Did this album really need an 8 min Peter Criss drum solo? No it didn't.

edY2gMz.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 11:04 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Irish Tour '74 is killer too. There is a 7 CD set of more shows. 

I'll add to the Rory love with

Live_at_the_Isle_of_Wight_(Taste_album).jpeg.aa5e20e378865500bb90f799ed754974.jpeg

There are quite a few videos of this on YouTube and they actually sound quite good. Amazing power trio. They weren't Cream but in many ways just as good, as each player was phenomenal. I saw Rory in the fall of '76, my freshman year at college. He was opening for Dave Mason at the Lowell (MA) Auditorium where I was going to school. Scored a couple of 5th row seats for $5 each. Rory came out on the stage with his flannel shirt and jeans, looking like a regular guy. Played an unbelievable show and it was amazing that so much music could come from just 3 guys. I wished it would never end, but it did. Then Dave Mason came out dressed like Jesus with the white gown and sandals. That's all I remember about Dave. I guess he was alright but I had just seen a performance that is still in my top 5 concert experiences of all time for me.

Which leads me to this

81nVmJF.jpg

This album was recorded at The Montreux Jazz Festival. Others have already put up the Allmans at Fillmore East and Outlaws Bring it Back Alive, two of my favorite live albums of all time and Albert Live ranks right up there with them. My favorite cut though is As the Years Go Passing By. In the middle of the song Albert barks out "Go Buck" and this amazing guitar solo follows. It stills haunts me to this day, a blues solos that goes against the grain of a typical blues solo with magical results. Years later I found out that "Buck" was Rory Gallagher. So cool. 

Great thread! Brings back lots of blasts from the past.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:28 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Its basically a studio album with some added audience noise. In honor of Guitar God, and an album I wore out when I was younger. Did this album really need an 8 min Peter Criss drum solo? No it didn't.

edY2gMz.jpg

That one does have one helluva cool cover. They should never have expanded their stage set.