Gibson Brands Forums

What’s your temperature right now?

On 1/17/2024 at 9:24 AM, fortyearspickn said:

Notes,  When we lived in Miami, we use to enjoy watching the local news crews going out to the beach to film shots of the tourists in their bathing suits laying in the sand, while the natives walked by in their winter coats.   Cognitive Dissonance !  

I'd tell the northerners, It doesn't seem like Christmas if you can't go swimming.

For the folks who live here, anything under 70 means we bundle up (but still were flip-flops) and we don't go swimming until the water temperature nears 80.

I grew up just north of Fort Lauderdale, and gigged in Miami quite a bit.

We're having a colder than usual winter down here. But El Niño years are usually the worst ones for us. And when we have a bad (for us) winter, the Midwest and Northeast are typically getting slammed.

Notes ♫

On 1/18/2024 at 11:12 AM, Mr. Gibson said:

- 5 f and-32f windchill. 
Warming trend on the way.

Yeah, we got down to -10 a few days ago.  Pend Oreille is a DEEP lake and never freezes over, but some areas are shallow, and the bay below our place is half iced over!  Never seen that before!

ell444.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cougar said:

Yeah, we got down to -10 a few days ago.  Pend Oreille is a DEEP lake and never freezes over, but some areas are shallow, and the bay below our place is half iced over!  Never seen that before!

ell444.jpg

Well, that’s a decent view.  Pretty sweet spot you have there.  Sorry about the freeze up, though.  

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

8 F and -14 windchill.  Going to get warmer every day.

The coldest I’ve ever had was -55 F idk if I could handle that any more. 

May I ask? Where are you loctated?

18 F right now, headed for a low of 8 F tonight.

I spent a few hours today shoveling ice off my driveway.
A lot of the ice on the roads has steadily evaporated lately, and people have been getting out and driving to the grocery/beer store.
Me included.

Slight warming tomorrow, and then more comfortable (toasty) days ahead.
Thank God.

🙂

P8qziiN.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 4:48 PM, sparquelito said:

18 F right now, headed for a low of 8 F tonight.

I spent a few hours today shoveling ice off my driveway.
A lot of the ice on the roads has steadily evaporated lately, and people have been getting out and driving to the grocery/beer store.
Me included.

Slight warming tomorrow, and then more comfortable (toasty) days ahead.
Thank God.

🙂

P8qziiN.jpg

Holy cow brother, I did NOT ever think that you'd still have all that ice. Local body shops and tow companies must be doing quite well down there. 

BTW, People up here look at my daughter and I sideways when we say "car wreck" instead of "car accident", and more so when we say, "Wrecker Truck" instead of "Tow Truck". Uttering the phrase, "There's a car in the crik over yonder, better call a wrecker to get dude unstuck.",  typically results in the one word response, "Huh?".

We were wondering if ya'll say "wrecker trucks" and "car wrecks" too?  LMK.

• Like 1