Gibson Brands Forums

This is a little Sinister

IanHenry

24 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Yeah.  I got bored too - then saw it was a 32 minute video so went to the bottom for the preview feature and saw the action starting up in about 10 minutes. 

It’s called clickbait.  While your eyes are glued to the vid, the data-miners have a 1/2 hour to crawl through your device, and flash ads in the margins.  Same with all those endless pages of “quizzes” and “do you remembers?” Every click on every individual page of those things is a “hit” record for the trolls.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Do you think the Chinese objector's were acting appropriately then?

I didnt watch, I know that every country has very bad actors and to say that every one of the same nationality or race is just as bad is ridiculous

6 minutes ago, jvi said:

I didnt watch, I know that every country has very bad actors and to say that every one of the same nationality or race is just as bad is ridiculous

We all know that you can't accuse all people in an  entire country of being 'bad'.      If you actually watch the video - you will see why many of us are 'shocked' at the aggressively outrageous behavior of this group of people exhibits.  While waving the flag of China in a  Free Country - people who appear to be from China attempt to suppress the rights of people we assume are citizens.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, codename said:

I posted a link about this story yesterday on "Strat Talk" and immediately some karen started whining and my post was promptly removed by the foot soldiers.

Try the Guild or Ric Forums. They jump on you like a pack of wolves if you go off topic. And mention a Taylor . . .  might as well just pack it up and go.

10 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

We all know that you can't accuse all people in an  entire country of being 'bad'.      If you actually watch the video - you will see why many of us are 'shocked' at the aggressively outrageous behavior of this group of people exhibits.  While waving the flag of China in a  Free Country - people who appear to be from China attempt to suppress the rights of people we assume are citizens.   

I get what your saying, I just  find that humans ALL  around the globe  are doing insane shocking things , even in North America

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, codename said:

I posted a link about this story yesterday on "Strat Talk" and immediately some karen started whining and my post was promptly removed by the foot soldiers.

That's how they roll.   They claim public comments on computers can be shouted down by the minority because the First Amendment didn't address Social Media.   While it does state the US Government specifically cannot suppress Free Speech, Religion or Right to Assemble ...  it does not state other's Can or Should.   So, those who cannot argue on a subject - will encourage dissension - and then cry to the moderators.   Like Kindergarten.   Sort of like this spokesperson in the video for the group of people wearing red scarves and waving Chinese flags -- in a mall, threatening to call police. 

• Like 1

Just now, jvi said:

I get what your saying, I just  find that humans ALL  around the globe  are doing insane shocking things , even in North America

Agree.   I think the American Psychiatry Association has lowered the bar  and encouraged more craziness in the process !! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrairieDog said:

It’s called clickbait.  While your eyes are glued to the vid, the data-miners have a 1/2 hour to crawl through your device, and flash ads in the margins.  Same with all those endless pages of “quizzes” and “do you remembers?” Every click on every individual page of those things is a “hit” record for the trolls.  

Didn't know that. Thanks.   I thought it was just the cra cra  things posted like  "Python Eats Aligator"   and  "Aligator Eats Python"....    "Wardrobe Malfunctions Continue To Plague Taylor Swift"     Whoops!    How did that last one creep in there ??

11 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Agree.   I think the American Psychiatry Association has lowered the bar  and encouraged more craziness in the process !! 

Not lowered the bar, just added more categories of genders that people can now choose to be. Used to be your gender (which is different that your biological sex of male of female) was straight, gay or bi-sexual. Now here is a list of the genders you can be. Pick one its fun to do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gender_identities

51 minutes ago, jvi said:

I agree, but I didn't notice anyone claiming that on here. Did they?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

I agree, but I didn't notice anyone claiming that on here. Did they?

I guess for me , just calling  bad people bad people ,without referencing their nationality,  seems like it might  help quiet some of the  us vs them that happens too often "in the world ", 

5 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Didn't know that. Thanks.   I thought it was just the cra cra  things posted like  "Python Eats Aligator"   and  "Aligator Eats Python"....    "Wardrobe Malfunctions Continue To Plague Taylor Swift"     Whoops!    How did that last one creep in there ??

I’m now questioning the whole sequence.  

The big tell on any of these is when the point could be shown in a couple of minutes, but it’s a half hour long.  And when there is endless wind-up at the beginning to keep you engaged until the “payoff.”  In some, they’ll give you the bus ride there, the ride up the escalator, the stop at the pretzel booth,  shots of the crowd, the store fronts all before the actual event and the outrageous behavior.  You gotta ask why did the person recording waste so much battery and pixels on pointless fluff?

In this case, on a mall piano player? I mean why were they even recording for 10 minutes BEFORE the altercation? And why didn’t they just edit the vid to get to the captivating point?  Who does that, except for folks who know something is a set up and clickbait trolls stalling for time. 

It is kinda like the videos of the kid/dog/stooge getting eaten by the alligator/running into the street/suddenly falling on their ***/getting splashed by paint/smacked with a board, all while someone films.   Really? You wouldn’t put down your phone to try to stop the *bad thing* from happening? And just how did they happen to be recording something otherwise as interesting as paint drying, at *just the right moment*? 🤔 

Well, because they know it’s a set up/faked. 

1 minute ago, jvi said:

I guess for me , just calling  bad people bad people ,without referencing their nationality,  seems like it might  help quiet some of the  us vs them that happens too often "in the world ", 

The story would make no sense if it were censored in that way. 

• Like 2

Just now, merciful-evans said:

The story would make no sense if it were censored in that way. 

And that there is why it’s suspect and just a false flag dog whistle for race-baiting.  Would people care if it “weren’t” Chinese people?  Would we be having the side discussion about governments and judgy comments about how some people from other countries think they can control us? 

19 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

And that there is why it’s suspect and just a false flag dog whistle for race-baiting.  Would people care if it “weren’t” Chinese people?  Would we be having the side discussion about governments and judgy comments about how some people from other countries think they can control us? 

Yes. The nationality of the objector is irrelevant to the point. It might not be perceived that way in the US, but this didn't happen in the US. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Possibly our English Cousins are  thinking “Gee, that sounds like something Neville Chamberlain might have said”.  

5 hours ago, saturn said:

You know, after looking at this more I have a suspicion it might have been staged. Just seems a little fishy. 

I don't think so, some of the Chinese people have since been identified, one of them having been photographed in the company of very senior UK politicians.  

• Like 1