Gibson Brands Forums

This is a little Sinister

IanHenry

This is an incident that happened in a UK railway station.  Those Chinese people were very keen to remain incognito,  but what they've actually managed to do is become a Youtube sensation and it also seems that their actions are being looked at by MI5. 

Incidentally, the stations Piano was donated by Elton John.

• Like 1

Yup.. Our police no longer have the time to catch actual criminals or patrol our streets.. Cos they are doing stupid crap like this... Honestly.. Try reporting a crime and all you get is a crime number and a letter a short while later that will then tell you theres nothing they can do about it. Even if you have video proof or something like that. It really is pretty pathetic.

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

I defy ANYBODY to EVER tell me, "You can't say that.".

1. By definition, I had to have said the words they don't want me to say, thus I CAN SAY THAT, BECAUSE I ALREADY DID!

2. Even children know, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me." If you actually think words can hurt you, you are in serious need of mental help. If you are that thin skinned, words are the last thing you need to worry about.

3. As I said before, say to me, "You can't say that.",  and your likely to get your clock cleaned. Like we used to say growing up, "Them are fightin' words".

If those Chinese idiots don't like freedom, then get the F out! The same applies to that female cop.

Oh, and save your "Fire" in a crowded theatre bull, or your "incitement" crud for your freedom hating friends. (and I'm not one of them)

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

• Thanks 1

We do night sky photography, often of northern lights. And we are birders.  Both activities require us  to frequently be parked on the sides of public roads, out in the country.  Sometimes there may be a house nearby.  Sometimes just trees or corn fields.  There are regular stories in our group of folks getting hassled by the police for standing in the dark or daylight with a camera and binoculars.  ON A PUBLIC ROAD.  Not talking on the freeway, just various county or township roads with shoulders wide enough to pull off on.  

This is literally what the right to free passage is all about! It is a public space.  We aren’t hurting anyone, we aren’t trespassing, we aren’t engaged in any criminal activity, yet the police will tell people to “move along.”  They absolutely have no cause to accost us at all.  But the police will excuse it by saying “the neighbors are concerned.” Well then go back and tell the neighbors to not get their undies in such a bunch.  It’s just a couple of old coots trying to score a Spotted Towhee.  

A friend of mine films commercials and they are just about done trying to film on locations.  The hysteria that breaks out when a white van drives slowly down a street with a camera taking scouting shots makes the Red Scare look like a freaking tea party.  It’s public space. No one has a “right to privacy” if they are in PUBLIC, and people are legally allowed to move about in PUBLIC places.  The paranoia  is just out of control.  Next we’re going to be asked to show our papers to cross the street.  Bah.  

Edited by PrairieDog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Narwhal6 said:

I got bored after the first six minutes or so, what was the sinister thing that happened?

The Chinese people are behaving as though they are in a Beijing railway station and they have ultimate authority.  It later transpired that some of those Chinese people were members of the Confucius Institute, a Chinese Communist party group that has infiltrated UK  university's and, I believe really should not be allowed because the whole organisation is working to influence young people's minds and has pretty sinister motives.

As regards the Police Woman, she has no understanding of what the Law is, which is not a good quality in a Police Woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Try that in a small town.

Funny, it seems all the anarchy and insanity happen in large population areas. 

Well, except for the chaos at the border, but even that quickly gets bused to urban areas.

Makes ya wonder...

:-k

Edited by Murph
  • Like 1

Ian's link isn't working for me, but I saw this on YT yesterday anyway. 

I thought the pianist showed remarkable restraint (for a keyboard player anyway).

I would have employed my customary 'you are not to bother me' line in this instance and taken it from there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheepdog1969 said:

I defy ANYBODY to EVER tell me, "You can't say that.".

1. By definition, I had to have said the words they don't want me to say, thus I CAN SAY THAT, BECAUSE I ALREADY DID!

2. Even children know, "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me." If you actually think words can hurt you, you are in serious need of mental help. If you are that thin skinned, words are the last thing you need to worry about.

3. As I said before, say to me, "You can't say that.",  and your likely to get your clock cleaned. Like we used to say growing up, "Them are fightin' words".

If those Chinese idiots don't like freedom, then get the F out! The same applies to that female cop.

Oh, and save your "Fire" in a crowded theatre bull, or your "incitement" crud for your freedom hating friends. (and I'm not one of them)

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

You can say whatever you want, but you may have to endure the consequences of what you said. Like maybe after you make a statement that someone doesn't like or agree with they give you a beat down? And I believe but I am not certain that Hate Speech is not protected by the 1st Amendment.

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

And I believe but I am not certain that Hate Speech is not protected by the 1st Amendment.

We do not enjoy that privilege in the UK (ie:  We don't got one of those).  It works the other way around. We can do what we want except when it breaks the law. 

Yes Kavanagh's remark about not being in Communist China was borderline racist, but his comic timing (and political pertinence) trumps racism in this instance I reckon. Also in law,

speaking the truth should not carry a penalty. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

We do not enjoy that privilege in the UK (ie:  We don't got one of those).  It works the other way around. We can do what we want except when it breaks the law. 

Yes Kavanagh's remark about not being in Communist China was borderline racist, but his comic timing (and political pertinence) trumps racism in this instance I reckon. Also in law,

speaking the truth should not carry a penalty. 

You guys should take up arms and break away from the tyrants ruling you. We did. Then you can make your own silly doctrine that is the Law Of The Land. Oh wait your can't have guns in the UK right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You guys should take up arms and break away from the tyrants ruling you. We did. Then you can make your own silly doctrine that is the Law Of The Land. Oh wait your can't have guns in the UK right?

We dont f***in' want em

• Like 1

1 minute ago, merciful-evans said:

We dont f***in' want em

Sticks and stones and pitch forks at 10 paces it is then. 

Do the guys and girls comitting crimes have guns? I'll bet they do.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, badbluesplayer said:

Couldn't we just go back to people beating each other up in Guitar Center?

I could watch that video of the guy in a Texas CG attempting to stealing a guitar, and the store worker chocking him out, and throwing him on the sidewalk all day long.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Not to turn into a Chinese thing but I just had a funny interaction with a Chinese guy yesterday

To sum it up quickly I had a Chinese billionaire guy come up to me and tell me I couldn’t park on his street. I was very polite but he was immediately threatening to call the shitty and get me towed and all that. 

The look of frustration on his face was priceless. It was like in China this guy probably has IMMENSE power but here he’s just a goofball with a nice car and a funny accent 

I gotta point out that I was polite the whole time and my truck was parked perfectly out of the way and legally amongst many other parked vehicles. The guy just had a massive superiority complex and maybe a bad morning 

• Like 1

Video  proves that they are like a cancer. As are other's who are 'foreign' to whatever culture you enjoy in your country.  I love it when they claim disliking the CCP is racist. 

This will not end well.  But it will be our grandchildren who pay for our complacency.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dub-T-123 said:

Not to turn into a Chinese thing but I just had a funny interaction with a Chinese guy yesterday

To sum it up quickly I had a Chinese billionaire guy come up to me and tell me I couldn’t park on his street. I was very polite but he was immediately threatening to call the shitty and get me towed and all that. 

The look of frustration on his face was priceless. It was like in China this guy probably has IMMENSE power but here he’s just a goofball with a nice car and a funny accent 

I gotta point out that I was polite the whole time and my truck was parked perfectly out of the way and legally amongst many other parked vehicles. The guy just had a massive superiority complex and maybe a bad morning 

That is entirely appropriate to the subject. Kavanagh said the guy acted like he was used to being obeyed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Next time I see a person, regardless of their ACTUAL race, waving a CCP flag -  I'm gonna take their picture.  See what happens.  Have to learn  "Say Cheese"  in Mandarin.     Probably loses something in the translation...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Narwhal6 said:

I got bored after the first six minutes or so, what was the sinister thing that happened?

Yeah.  I got bored too - then saw it was a 32 minute video so went to the bottom for the preview feature and saw the action starting up in about 10 minutes. 

• Like 1