Gibson Brands Forums

Cammo Warning?

5 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I think Cammo got butt-hurt.......

I think I understand why the thread was removed as I read (most of) it ...I think.

But please could someone explain to a member in the UK?

Who is Cammo? 

#-o

33 minutes ago, jdgm said:

I think I understand why the thread was removed as I read (most of) it ...I think.

But please could someone explain to a member in the UK?

Who is Cammo? 

#-o

4 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I'm in the same boat (HA!), I have no idea who or what a Cammo is.

Here's my uneducated guess: https://forum.gibson.com/profile/109340-cammo/

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

There are good ones....we had a 1st Lieutenant in 'Nam, (Jim Fitzpatrick)  was a GREAT guy.... kept me safe from the Quan Loi Base Commander (Full-Bird Colonel) when I got caught sliding our Captain's Jeep sideways with a bunch of guys I was taking out to the perimeter for guard duty one night....he told me the Colonel dressed him down pretty good....but I escaped any punishment.

When I was in the Army (as a Warrant Officer aviator), I learned to try and take care of my junior Officers. 
Those butter-bars and 1LT's were going to be Company Commanders and Squadron Commanders some day. 

And a lot of us Warrants, and the forward -thinking NCOs, felt that it was our job to make sure that they grew up to be really good senior Officers and Commanders some day. 

Shoot, my LT in the First Gulf War just retired last year as a 2 Star General. 
And he was a fine man and great leader at the end of it all. 

But I can't take credit for but so much of that. 
🙂

https://www.army.mil/article/259333/amcom_commander_relinquishes_command_retires_from_active_duty_reflects_back

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, sparquelito said:

When I was in the Army (as a Warrant Officer aviator), I learned to try and take care of my junior Officers. 
Those butter-bars and 1LT's were going to be Company Commanders and Squadron Commanders some day. 

And a lot of us Warrants, and the forward -thinking NCOs, felt that it was our job to make sure that they grew up to be really good senior Officers and Commanders some day. 

Shoot, my LT in the First Gulf War just retired last year as a 2 Star General. 
And he was a fine man and great leader at the end of it all. 

But I can't take credit for but so much of that. 
🙂

https://www.army.mil/article/259333/amcom_commander_relinquishes_command_retires_from_active_duty_reflects_back

When I was in the Army, many ( most?) of the junior officers were just in for  3 years…..then back to “The World”.   

I was offered OCS but when they told me I’d have to extend for an additional year, I said no thanks…..so they offered my NCO school…..was an additional 12 weeks of training…..could still get out after 2 years…..but was a 100% chance of going to ‘Nam…so I said no to that too.    
Went to ‘Nam anyway…..but as a PFC.  

Edited by DanvillRob
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:54 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

4 warning points

No restrictions being applied

I have 4. You have some catching up to do.

I belong to the Ugly HedgeHog forum. One of the sub forums is called the Attic. There you can say anything, anyway you want. You can cuss out a forum member if you so desire. It’s free speech. Maybe we need one of those here. I also belong to the acoustic guitar forum.  I once said something to really upset the moderators and they banned me for life. After a year I begged for a second chance and it was granted. So, in whatever forum I happen to be in I am very careful what I write. I can’t count the number of times I’ve had to bite my fingers and keep my fingers off the keyboard.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dennis96013 said:

I belong to the Ugly HedgeHog forum. One of the sub forums is called the Attic. There you can say anything, anyway you want. You can cuss out a forum member if you so desire. It’s free speech. Maybe we need one of those here. I also belong to the acoustic guitar forum.  I once said something to really upset the moderators and they banned me for life. After a year I begged for a second chance and it was granted. So, in whatever forum I happen to be in I am very careful what I write. I can’t count the number of times I’ve had to bite my fingers and keep my fingers off the keyboard.

We can't use the "Attic" here....that's where we keep all the archtops!

6 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Nope.  It's because 'attic'  is too close to the protagonist "Atticus Finch"  in the Pulitzer prize winning novel  "To Kill a Mockingbird" , which has been banned in some school districts. 

And the novel was banned in schools because the kids kept getting "To Kill A Mockingbird" confused with "Tequila Shots are Good".

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

The Rite Of Spring caused an uproar when Stravinsky debuted it. 

The novel Naked Lunch by W S Burroughs was banned for a while after it came out. 

When I was a kid, I used to sneak my dad's  paperbacks when he was finished.....some of them made "Catcher In The Rye" seem pretty tame!

On 3/30/2024 at 9:32 AM, sparquelito said:

I think I figured it out. 

THIS POSTING IS NOT OKAY. 

A blonde gets a job as a physical education teacher of 14-year-olds.

On her first day, she comes to watch the kids playing soccer. She watches as they all get together and starts playing. However, she quickly notices a boy at the end of the field standing alone, while all the other kids are running around having fun. She takes pity on him and decides to speak to him.

"You ok?" she says kindly.

"Yes." he says.

"You can go and play with the other kids you know." she says encouragingly.

"It’s best I stay here." he says.

"Why’s that sweetie?" asks the compassionate teacher.

The boy gives her a weird look and says, “Because I’m the Goalie.”

and then so,

THIS POSTING IS OKAY

A blonde guitar player gets a job as a physical education teacher of 14-year-olds. Her name is Orianthi.

On her first day, she comes to watch the kids playing soccer. She watches as they all get together and starts playing. However, she quickly notices a boy at the end of the field standing alone, playing his guitar while all the other kids are running around having fun. She takes pity on him and decides to speak to him. She puts down her Gibson R9 Les Paul burst, and walks over to the boy. 

"You ok?" she says kindly.

"Yes." he says.

"You can go and play with the other kids you know." she says encouragingly.

"It’s best I stay here." he says. He plays an arpeggio on his vintage 1970 Gibson Firebird I. 

"Why’s that sweetie?" asks the compassionate teacher.

The boy gives her a weird look and says, “Because I’m the Goalie. And I'm trying to decide if this Les Paul I found on Craigslist is a fake. ”

😐

I get it. 

The Gibson Desert in Western Australia was named by explorer Earnest Giles in the 19th century after Alf Gibson, a member of his party became lost and presumed dead, Gibson was an explorer dating back to 1874. 

• Like 2