Gibson Brands Forums

Top 5 British bands/Artists (Rock-popular music)

Duende

Recently the Times said Queen were the UK's second favourite band after the Beatles..

Here is my poll

1.Led Zeppelin

2.Queen

3.The Beatles

4.Ozzy Osbourne

5.Radiohead

What are your favourite Brit bands/artists?

Matt

My god ! forgive me, I forgot Pink Flloyd 8-[

Second division would have to be The Who, Keiser Chiefs ,Manic Street Preachers, Iron Maiden and The Stones!

It fascinates me how a tiny Island smaller than California (?), has just so much musical talent. A shame our Football team can't win the world cup again to match the countries music!

Matt

Recently the Times said Queen were the UK's second favourite band after the Beatles..

Here is my poll

1.Led Zeppelin

2.Queen

3.The Beatles

4.Ozzy Osbourne

5.Radiohead

What are your favourite Brit bands/artists?

Matt

+1 but I will take the beatles out of that list and include the stones.

Radiohead? How depressing!

Radioheads HUGE man. HUGE.

While they are depressing they are kind of like the Pink Floyd of the day. They achieve mainstream success with minimal singles and tons of sonic exploration. Not to mention all the bands they've influenced are getting big now too. Coldplay is just Radiohead-lite. Muse sounds like hard-rock-Radiohead-from-hell.

If you think they are a wimpy band listen to 2+2=5 or Paranoid Android. If you just don't like them, have a little respect, they are one of the only bands around these days, especially in mainstream music, who have the balls and creativity of the musicians of the past.

Mine (let the flaming begin)

Syd Barrett

My Bloody Valentine

The Smiths

Stone Roses

Radiohead

Lotsa love for the Beatles. Man, their cover of Areosmith's Come Together is great. Dig the Animals too.

Radioheads HUGE man. HUGE.

While they are depressing they are kind of like the Pink Floyd of the day. They achieve mainstream success with minimal singles and tons of sonic exploration. Not to mention all the bands they've influenced are getting big now too. Coldplay is just Radiohead-lite. Muse sounds like hard-rock-Radiohead-from-hell.

If you think they are a wimpy band listen to 2+2=5 or Paranoid Android. If you just don't like them' date=' have a little respect, they are one of the only bands around these days, especially in mainstream music, who have the balls and creativity of the musicians of the past.[/quote']

I am not a Radiohead fan but i do see your point about respecting them especially since they put Miley Cyrus in her rightful place.

Lotsa love for the Beatles. Man' date=' their cover of Areosmith's Come Together is great. Dig the Animals too.[/quote']

LMAO...I liked the Beatles cover of Motley Crue's Helter Skelter too! LOL

Matt

Archived