Gibson Brands Forums

Best Bassist/Singer

Basshole

Burke Shelley- Budgie

When Jimmy Page played for the Yardbirds' date=' he didn't sing, otherwise he would be a shoe in[/quote']

Please read the topic again?

Best Bassist/Singer

Not somewhat decent bassist

:- have a nice day

I'm going with the ' date=' not mentioned, Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. They are this obscure British group that has sold upteenzillion albums. [/quote']

I'm going to shock Homz by agreeing with him! I think playing bass & singing is a major accomplishment in itself, but if I had to pick a "best," it would be Roger Waters. (And I'm not a big Pink Floyd fan)

I went with Paul.

Roger Waters would be a good choice too I believe.

The only problem I have with Waters is that I read somewhere that David Gilmour actually played all of the "hard" bass parts on their albums - probably the fretless parts. I'm sure Roger learned how to play them for concerts though.

Tough call here. Sting, Claypool, Lee and Waters came to mind. I'm gonna go with Sting (more the Police years though). Waters rarely had brilliant basslines and was a good (not great) singer. Claypool is my 2nd choice. His voice is grating after awhile (though I like and own Primus and Oysterhead) but his bass playing is out of sight. Lee is a great bass player but a subpar singer talent and voice wise. But Sting had/has the double package. I dont see how anyone can deny Sting can both play AND sing. Whether or not you like WHAT he plays and sings, thats a whole other arguement.

Archived