Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of woman did you marry? Or fall for?

Homz

A nice little Tennessee Southern Belle!

Now to get huggy feely:

I grew up very poor, in a bad home, and on top of that was a guy who was a crazy dreamer. I had all these things I wanted to do but had been told my whole life that I was STUPID for thinking such crazy thoughts.

I honestly belived I was destined to only dream. Then I met my wife, Sharon. She was the FIRST person in my life to look at me and ask the following two questions:

1. What do you want to do with your life, no matter how crazy it sounds?

2. Why aren't you doing it?

All with that breezy Southern Belle accent! She changed my life.

If I could just get her to understand that $10,000.00 dollars for a 1958 reissue is a good thing . . .

Not sure of the proper category in the poll.

I fell for, and married, a really funny girl, with a smile and heart as big as Montana. She passed away not too long ago -- but that smile, humor, and caring heart still remain in my memories. I was lucky to meet her, and even luckier that she put up with me. She was pretty too, and like James' wife in a post above, truly changed my life for the better.

I fell for' date=' and married, a really funny girl, with a smile and heart as big as Montana. She passed away not too long ago -- but that smile, humor, and caring heart still remain in my memories. I was lucky to meet her, and even luckier that she put up with me.[/quote']

Sorry for your loss Hoyt. I'm glad you were able to spend time with a person who has enriched your life so much.

Me too Hoyt. I count my blessings every day and I'm sure you did when she was around.

Personally, I don't like putting women in categories. I've known my wife for 15 years now (been married 13 this coming August). She did and does so much for me that I'll never be able to give back enough to her. I suffer from classic AMPS (absent-minded professor syndrome) and I'd be even more clueless without her. Seriously, she used to get up very early just to make sure I went out with a shirt that matched my pants! I've gotten better over the years because of her teachings (he he he). She had a successful career making a lot of money but gave it up for my career. She does all the finances, takes care of all family matters, including taking care of my mother, cleans the house, puts up with my other childish antics, furnishes our home, listens to me explain all the neat new theory I just developed when she has no clue on what I'm talking about, listens to my political babble even though she's on the opposite side of the political spectrum (yes I married a Democrat, but opposites do indeed attract), listens to my awful guitar playing and tells me how good I am, listens to me endlessly talking about why Gibsons are the best guitars and about other guitar matters (today I was talking to her about humidity control for my Taylor), and most importantly....let's me buy all these guitars!!

Plus she's darn cute...

family.jpg

Thanks, Homz and Rocketman.

Didn't mean to put a damper on a great thread, that I find quite interesting. I still appreciate people talking about their loved ones -- posts/thoughts like those on this thread, make me smile. Hope a lot more join in.

I like my small red head, little, ditzy, funny, cute, smart, church girl athletes.

But all most the girls that are attracked to me are athletic, party going, drinking, beauty queen, sarcastic, blonde girls.

I don't understand...:-

THE one. Period.

Smokin' hot. Lots of guys wanting her attention and I got her. She actually pulled me away at a party and sat me down to tell me she was interested in me. She had an 18 month old blonde haired, blue-eyed girl too. Instant family, which was just what I wanted. We fit on a level most folks don't understand.

In fact, according to all the statistics, we're doomed to fail as a couple.

Yeah, we still chuckle about that one- we've been together for 26 years now... married for 21 :-.

I fell for' date=' and married, a really funny girl, with a smile and heart as big as Montana. She passed away not too long ago -- but that smile, humor, and caring heart still remain in my memories. I was lucky to meet her, and even luckier that she put up with me. She was pretty too, and like James' wife in a post above, truly changed my life for the better. [/quote']

Truely sorry to hear that hoyt. Sounds like one heckuva gal.

My wife is a combination - strong but not dominrering, good looking, funny and a great cook (if you saw my before and after picks you would know), not so much book smart (not stupid either) but real people smart. It's amazing how she can read people while I walk around clueless and great with kids, dang. The tougher she is with them (anybody's kids) the more they seem to like her.

Brunette, from the UK, with an accent and a sexy voice. Sci Fi and Monte Python fan. Plays some weird instrument like a 3 string Romanian Contra Bass, or a subcontrabass flute. even an oboe or a harp (the big stringed ones)

petite, street smart, organized, patient, enjoys cooking, plays Euchre, into scuba diving and roller coasters.

(Gee, why am I still single?)

#-o

Archived