Gibson Brands Forums

Air France 447

wicked1

Its sad' date=' but thats life.[/quote']

Yep. And it reminds me once again why I *hate* flying!!! I still remember the white knuckles from my first air trip post 9/11. I was scared to death for the short trip from Indianapolis to St. Louis. I can't even imagine what I'd feel if I knew the plane was breaking up over the Atlantic.

Still....I guess if you gotta go, going out with a news story attached is as good as anything.

My other job kept me in the air constantly.

Hated it...

At least I got business or first class so I could get loaded and sleep.

I've only flown business class once and it was AWESOME!!! Cost a fortune, though. Bought a last-minute pair of tickets to Chicago from Hong Kong. I got to sit up front with the baby. Homz was back in coach. Flight attendants kept coming by asking me if I wanted them to take the baby back to his daddy. Turns out, they were hanging out with him in the galley! (Kid musta been born a ladies' man).

I didn't even realize the appetizer wasn't the full meal. MAN, first class gets all the breaks!

Its sad' date=' but thats life.[/quote']

That's life, that's what all the people say.

You're riding high in April,

Shot down in May

But I know I'm gonna change that tune,

When I'm back on top, back on top in June.

I said that's life, and as funny as it may seem

Some people get their kicks,

Stompin' on a dream

But I don't let it, let it get me down,

'Cause this fine ol' world it keeps spinning around

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,

A poet, a pawn and a king.

I've been up and down and over and out

And I know one thing:

Each time I find myself, flat on my face,

I pick myself up and get back in the race.

That's life

I tell ya, I can't deny it,

I thought of quitting baby,

But my heart just ain't gonna buy it.

And if I didn't think it was worth one single try,

I'd jump right on a big bird and then I'd fly

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,

A poet, a pawn and a king.

I've been up and down and over and out

And I know one thing:

Each time I find myself laying flat on my face,

I just pick myself up and get back in the race

That's life

That's life and I can't deny it

Many times I thought of cutting out

But my heart won't buy it

But if there's nothing shakin' come this here july

I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die

I used to have a job that had me in the air 2-3 times per week. I hated it, not because of the perceived danger, but because it is boring. Once in the plane it was OK, but check in, wait, wait some more, and all that was just a drag.

Actually you are safer in the air than on the highway, but on the highway it seems safer because you have some control. Plus if your motor fails, you don't fall 35,000 feet.

And what's more dangerous than that -- going to the doctors. More people die of medical accidents (not the diseases they went in for) than do from automobile accidents. That's scary.

Notes

There are so many variables that have to converge to make a tragedy like this happen. I recommend that anyone who is even a little bit scared of flying read a book on probability. Once you know the actual chances of something bad happening you will relax ( we hope )

I used to have a job that had me in the air 2-3 times per week. I hated it' date=' not because of the perceived danger, but because it is boring. Once in the plane it was OK, but check in, wait, wait some more, and all that was just a drag.

Actually you are safer in the air than on the highway, but on the highway it seems safer because you have some control. Plus if your motor fails, you don't fall 35,000 feet.

And what's more dangerous than that -- going to the doctors. More people die of medical accidents (not the diseases they went in for) than do from automobile accidents. That's scary.

Notes

[/quote']

Oh sure, you're more likely to be attacked by sharks, but I don't feel the need for massive amounts of Valium before I get in a car. Probably related to my tremendous fear of heights. Then again, last year at the beach, I commented to my sister that I was just trying not to think of all things under my feet that could potentially kill me. She said, "Science will be the death of you." Which I think would be much better than box jellyfish being the death of me.

I wonder if the atheist were saying "Help me God"' date=' I venture that they were, even if only to themselves.[/quote']

I think that was an un-Christian thing to say. I can't imagine Jesus of the bible saying anything like that.

A true atheist wouldn't even think of that, and other religions would think of their own god/God(s), and we have no right to judge people who are of a different or of no faith.

BTW, I was brought up Roman Catholic and the nuns would have slapped my hand with a ruler if I said something like that.

It's a sad situation and I feel badly for the victims, their families and their loved ones.

Notes

Archived