Gibson Brands Forums

Disturbing times.

Thundergod

I was watching the news on tv and saw a couple of school students were expelled from school because they posted a video on youtube about one of them beating another kid to a pulp.

The video is down now but the newsguy said it showed close to 30 students rounding the combatants while some videoed the thing with their cellphones.

The "winer" called "mono" (monkey) in the video made jokes while he was hittinig the other kid while he was already in the ground. He made gestures that outed him as part of a gang some might have heard about, the "latin kings" (latin gang that started in central america and has spread throughout the latin comunities of the world).

The winner was 12 years old, the other guy was 10. There was one guy that seemed to run the show, he is 15 and havent been to school the whole year.

They (the news team) then started reviewing some other videos and said there were videos about students gang raping a girl from other school, and stuff like that. Most of them are not on youtube but on other places where one can post videos about almost anything.

And the point is, this makes me think what's the example we are giving our children?

Society is about to destroy itself, and yet none of us do a thing to prevent it, we condemn such behaviors but do nothing about it (not as individuals, but as a social group).

I know this is common in some european contries and in some of the US's states, but here its a first.

When asked why they did it the boys said it was funny and wat is cool to do nowadays.

When asked why they posted it on youtube, they said why not? Its not like they can do anything about it (refering to the authorities).

This really sucks, I dont think any of you guys have followed what's happening in south america right now, but it's horrible. Self proclaimed presidents do as they want, they talk the lefty comunist talk while gettinng filthy rich and doing stupid stuff like spending millions on a date with a super model (there goes their commie talk), in my country, the presidents brother came forward and presented proof of the money they are stealing and the stuff they are doing... they already have dismissed it all.

A couple of months ago a guy came out with a video recording of the president and some of his closest friends and colaborators changing the new consitution a day before we al voted to aprove it.

You think an investigation was orderd and the president and his loons jailed? No, the guy ended up in jail becasue "he spied on the president" (imagine that).

So, the example people in charge are giving the youths is they can do whatever they want and can even make it public, as long as they know there's no one to punish them.

No wonder crime is at an all time high.

So I was wondering, how long before we start getting music about "Im gonna rape/steal/abuse/kill you and there's nothing you can do about it" and it sells millions and wins awards?

So I was wondering' date=' how long before we start getting music about "Im gonna rape/steal/abuse/kill you and there's nothing you can do about it" and it sells millions and wins awards?

[/quote']

If inner-city gang-bangers (or posers) make the music, affluent white kids will support them by spending their money on it.

Well, without starting a cultural, ideological, international political pissing match....

This is why I refuse to relinquish my Constitutional rights to defend myself and my property.

What you posted is kids, but it just gets worse in the adult world.

Vigilante justice is effective, despite the bad reputation it suffers from.

My kid gets beat up like that, there would be hell to pay as soon as I could find the correct people....

Pathetic....

Kids like that sicken me....

They need a frekin audience just so they can feel tough....

I hate to be a hypocrite but stuff like this makes me want to beat the sh*t out of them......

kids are too arrogant these days.....

They think they're cool because they can beat up a kid who is two years younger than them.....

they need to get a life.....

I've had conversations with a few parents who were unaware of their little darling's behavior.

I find them to be most interested in learning all they can if they know my kid already got his *** kicked for the same thing.

Actually, rare is the parent who doesn't care.

It's just that most don't know what to do - and they do nothing as a result.

Bad move.

The reason I targeted my kids friends and their parents?

They would forbid their kid from hanging out with mine.

After I drove all his idiot, trouble-making "friends" away he finally got his head out of his *** - a little.

The truth is things are being done about it.

In Chicago this week two kids are going to be tried for beating to death another boy of their same age group.

Good people will fight back and drive the darkness back into hiding.

Happens all the time. Problem is it moves onto another street, neighborhood, community, country.

What were you saying about preferring the darker, evil side of things in another post, Thundergod?

Sounds like it is a little too close to home for you.

In Chicago this week two kids are going to be tried for beating to death another boy of their same age group.

I dont mean to bring religion into this but I'll be prayin for him...

and that they straigten their lives out.

seems to me violence is encouraged in todays society

damn.....

I think zero tolerence is necessary to 'friends' who like videos of this kind of stuff too. People who watch, are as bad or worse sometimes than the people who commit cruelty. It is a common crime to stand back with our mobiles and computers and view life as cheap.

A couple of years ago someone I drank with laughingly started to show me a hostage in Iraq begging for his life and about to be beheaded on his mobile. I was so sick my reaction prevented him from finishing.

I saw red and my body filled with hatred towards the person I thought was not a bad man and I wanted to beat him down.

I didn't; but our friendship ended that night.

I hate bullying, laughing at people and gang mentality anywhere...even here!

Matt

Vigilante justice may be effective, but oh how the media loves to broadcast it. Then they sit there, their pampered pathetic lives before the camera and deplore the act and say that vigilantism is uncivilized and that we're traveling down a slippery slope to anarchy. Not many has the guts to stand up and say, "Well done," and "This is good for us," and that "it sends a message to criminals, 'beware we've had enough and we're fighting back.'"

Fights are always a huge spectacle at my school. Whenever someone gets wind that so and so is going to fight so and so word spreads like a wild fire and just about half of the school heads down to the parking lot after school to watch and cheer on the fighters. It's a huge spectacle like I said so much in fact that one kid in my grade whenever he gets into fights, always wears a superman cape.

Vigilante justice may be effective' date=' but oh how the media loves to broadcast it. Then they sit there, their pampered pathetic lives before the camera and deplore the act and say that vigilantism is uncivilized and that we're traveling down a slippery slope to anarchy. Not many has the guts to stand up and say, "Well done," and "This is good for us," and that "it sends a message to criminals, 'beware we've had enough and we're fighting back.'"[/quote']

[-o<

Exactly. Anarchy is what you get WITHOUT Vigilante Justice.......

Just look at Chicago......

Well this is something that I worry about a lot. My 8 year old kid is well liked, but he's in the 1 percentile in height and weight. I do fear that he'll get picked on eventually. He's in black belt training school so I think he'll be able to handle himself. But that's not the point. Parents MUST know about what their kids are doing and they MUST take corrective measures. My son's friend is getting picked on while on the bus. The principal told the parents to stop their kid from bullying my son's friend, and he even made a public announcement at the last parent-teacher meeting that some kids were bullying other kids on the bus. But it doesn't seem like these parents are listening. So what do you do as a parent? When all else fails, take the Neo approach is my attitude!!

Archived