Gibson Brands Forums

My nominee for most helpful GC employee

DAS44

I was at GC tryin out acoustics and one of the workers wa talkin to me...

She asked if I was gonna buy somethin A=and I said no I dont have nearly enough cash (just to let ya know that she knew I wasnt buyin anything)

And I played a bit and she mentioned a songwriter that a guy brought in and gave in... that played amazingly well...

she raved about it for a bit and went to get it.....

When I played it.... I was blown away she was right...

Thing played amazingly well.....

She was very helpful...

That guitar sounded SWEET played awesome and I loved the cutaway.

This is the guitar by the way

Just an exception to the rule of unhelpful GC employees.

Just saying DAS' date=' she wasn't being so helpful to you but to herself

That guitar is over 2 grand, and I believe they get commission just saying, I am pretty sure a 2000 dollar guitar will play pretty good

not trying to burst your bubble but *POP*[/quote']

*POP* hehehe, lol

She asked if I was gonna buy somethin A=and I said no I dont have nearly enough cash (just to let ya know that she knew I wasnt buyin anything)

She was very helpful...

Just an exception to the rule of unhelpful GC employees.

You're a kid.

She knows YOU aren't buying the guitar anyway - your parents will.

Her Modus Operandi is to make sure you like her enough to go back to HER when you have the cash.

When you bring in your folks on New Guitar Day so they can flip down the dough' date=' she wants to be your friend.

Commissioned sales is commissioned sales, and they hire chicks to reach people the Sales Dudes can't.

Helpful?

Sure.

Just remember why.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you tried to talk to her somewhere else, say inside the mall, she would treat you like you stink.

I kind of liked how you pumped up GC and then linked to Sweetwater.

I like Sweetwater because they put candy in their packages.

I don't like Sweetwater because they stalk you after you buy something.

(Yes, I'm allowed to buy stuff from the internet...)

You're a kid.

She knows YOU aren't buying the guitar anyway - your parents will.

Her Modus Operandi is to make sure you like her enough to go back to HER when you have the cash.

When you bring in your folks on New Guitar Day so they can flip down the dough' date=' she wants to be your friend.

Commissioned sales is commissioned sales, and they hire chicks to reach people the Sales Dudes can't.

Helpful?

Sure.

Just remember why.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you tried to talk to her somewhere else, say inside the mall, she would treat you like you stink.

Im not gonna make my parents pay 2500 dollard for guitar

Just want to say, nice choice on the songwriter deluxe cutaway. I was looking at a Taylor 814 and decided to go to the songwriter because, to my ears, and my friends, it's a much more full sounding guitar.

Second, I just got fired from GC this weekend because I couldn't make quota for the month. It didn't bug me solely because I was going to quit this week anyways because what I was making wasn't even covering my gas for the drive to and from work. That's awesome that you got someone who actually just wanted to show you a few guitars that you may like. That's how I was. Much rather put you into something that sounds good. A lot of GC people know how much commission a piece of gear will net them. That specific guitar by the way doesn't net as much dough as you think, it's like 300.00, but in the guitars defense, I personally think it's friggin awesome and worth the money...even if it is 3grand, haha.

What would you rather have some very hot dumb bimbo babe showing you guitars or someone inteligent that can really help you make the right decision on an important investment?

I'll Take the Very Hot Dumb Bimbo.

They will do Anything for Money

What would you rather have some very hot dumb bimbo babe showing you guitars or someone inteligent that can really help you make the right decision on an important investment?

Depends on how hot.. :D

Quite honestly, I have taken advice from someone at my Guitar Center once, and it was on a cable, and it sucked, he said it was the best he played so I said sure, $30 later, it doesn't work

So, I would rather have eye candy than someone who doesn't know their job, and isn't eye candy :D

From the point of view of a 17 year old keep in mind :D

Hmmm' date=' surly you can have a hot chick who knows guitars...

[img']http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Silverbursted/TheBangles.jpg[/img]

Ahhh! Susanna Hoffs = =D> =D> =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ ...=P~ =P~ .

Sorry, I've had the HOTS for her since I was like 5! It's VERY hard to believe that she's old enough to be my mom (at 50 years old)!

It's actually kind of funny that the few women GC employees that I've seen, are actually more [generally] knowledgeable than the male employees.:D

It's probably because they're married to VERY knowledgeable musicans, whereas most of their younger, male counterparts are only there working their way through college, and probably NEVER even played a guitar in their lives! Which I've actually seen BTW!

As well as being very polite of her, it is good business to still be as welcoming to someone not buying; as they are more likely to come back as the service made a good impression. Additionally you are here telling us about it and again good publicity.

Matt

Archived