Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar on the way...

Tim Plains

Two, actually!!

A couple changes in the Are Nine household...

My Firebird should arrive on Monday. If I like this one and keep it, I'm trading in my Stratocaster.

Last night, I bought another guitar on-line and also sold my Telecaster VR & Fender Blues Deluxe.

I would have posted this in the appropriate section but I'd be giving away what the new purchase is.

I won't say what until it arrives. Ships out Monday!

Two NGDs in one week (then that's it for a looooonnnnggg time)!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

six-string, that's a beaut! I had one for a few days and would have bought it if it didn't have an issue with the neck?

Thanks pit, I can always count on you to correct my mistakes. happy0001.gif

Sure you don't want to tell us what you got today?=D>

Maybe it's a '54 Custom? =D>

SB, I don't know about that. 5 guitars in 2 months is a bit of a stretch, even for me...but retrosurfer, on the other hand. =D>

Two' date=' actually!!

A couple changes in the Are Nine household...

My Firebird should arrive on Monday. If I like this one and keep it, I'm trading in my Stratocaster.

Last night, I bought another guitar on-line and also sold my Telecaster VR & Fender Blues Deluxe.

I would have posted this in the appropriate section but I'd be giving away what the new purchase is.

I won't say what until it arrives. Ships out Monday!

Two NGDs in one week (then that's it for a looooonnnnggg time)!![/quote']

Hey, I openly admit it's none of my freakin' business R9 . . . just curious.

Is it dump on Fender week, or what? Of course, I haven't seen what you're getting yet either . . .

I vote ES something . . .

My Strat is still in my top 3 and I still want a Tele so just curious why you're dumping them?

And you honestly think you can make it all next year? I don't . . .

I think I'll keep mine down to just one next year but I'm looking to upgrade my Tenor Sax and that's probably going to push $5K. It's a race between it and my Soprano. They're both about 20 years old and were only intermediate quality when new.

And, I'm still looking for replacement high end amp gear too . . . ca-ching. Only money . . .

It's not dump the Fenders week. lol

I've wanted to pawn off the Strat for a while now. I loved the Tele but not so much the amp. I sold them with the intentions of buying a Nocaster and a different amp...something with a little more gain but also versatile. I may get a Fender Supersonic combo one day unless I can think of something better.

335 with blocks.

Thought I already had one of those :D

forgot to mention....

You just talked about not buying any guitars next year and almost immediatley after

I BOUGHT ANOTHER GUITAR

just yankin yer chain...

Why would you cut back on the purchasing? other than the economy

I feel like I'm close to my personal limit. I don't want to just keep adding and adding guitars. I'd love to have a MikeSlub type collection (who wouldn't!!) but I don't literally want that many guitars. A maximum of 15 guitars & 5 to 7 amps is ideal. I have 12 guitars & 4 amps right now. If you've noticed, I'm not just buying new gear, I'm also trading/selling gear for it. I wouldn't be buying a Firebird if I wasn't parting with the Strat. I wouldn't have bought this mystery guitar if I didn't sell the Tele. It's not that I really need the $$, it's just that I feel I'm getting (getting - key word) crowded.

Selling the items I've already sold also gives me a chance to upgrade them. For instance, I just sold that Blues Deluxe but I'm already thinking about buying a Fender Supersonic or '65 Fender Twin combo this week. The Tele I sold will likely be replaced with a Custom Shop Tele or Nocaster one day. (Oh, is that a hint at what the new guitar is? =D> )

Archived