Gibson Brands Forums

A...gig, if you will

matiac

Well Saturn, you never know. My Dad's been catatonic for almost a month, and last night I got a reaction several times. I know this guy in my parents neighborhood we always thought was the same way...come to find out this guy listens to Led Zeppelin, among other bands you wouldn't think an 80 plus year old guy would listen to. 'Course I guess back in the '60's, he was in his 30's/40's, so it makes sense. Hey, can't hurt nothing to try, and if it don't work, at least then you'll know for sure. Dad's Doctor said people with that, and similar conditions do actually respond to music, and I saw it first hand last night. Give it a whack, best audience you can have is your parents.

Well, I'm glad I got over there last night, because sometime during the night, he passed away. I take comfort in the fact that he was comfortable, and I did get to see him one last time in this world. I know he's gone to a better place, where he won't be in any more pain, and I just wanted to thank you guys again for listening, it really does mean a lot to me.

Wow G-n-F, I'm truly sorry for your loss.

I can't think of a better way to show your love for your Father than to play him into the next world.

Again, sorry for your loss and my condolences to you and your family. This has been a real touching thread.

Hang in there. Be a pillar of strength for the rest of your family.

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm heartened, however, to hear that you got to spend some quality time with him in the end. There can't be a better final time than spending it listening to your child play for you the songs you love.

I'm happy for you.

My Dad died a little over 4 years ago, and I was to "busy" and dense to think of that. It's haunted me many times.

I would go and spend hours with him, but just kind of sit there, maybe speaking some.

After he passed, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I could have done that. They say they can still "hear" stuff even though they are in that coma like state.

God Bless you man, you did a good thing.

Murph.

Well the arrangements have been made, His services will be Monday, after which He'll be cremated. My Mom has already made her final plans to do the same. They met in Newport Rhode Island when He was still in the Navy, and She's said after she goes, she wants us kids to take both their ashes to Newport, and scatter them. Isn't there a saying goes something like..."from whence we came, hence we go"? I'm proud of them both.

You should. For me SOME good has come from it, and I know it's only been 1 day, but I gave my kids all a big hug when I got home from my Mom's last night, and I just have this different outlook toward them now. I keep saying if not for my Parents, I wouldn't be here. And for those who's Parents have departed, go see them anyway, I'm sure they'd LOVE to hear from you, differences or not. And Murph, it's never too late to play for your Father you know.

Archived