extreme heat and cold.

I guess my options are

1. Leave it alone

2 Just put a coat of lacquer on it

3 Have it refinished

4 Buy a vinyl head stock replica for it

What would you do? I am open to suggestions

IMG_5647.jpg

Me, I would leave it alone, if it doesn't affect the tone, playing or tuning. There's something kinda cool about that old beat up look. And since you only put $99 into it, it's like a statement. It says "yeah I put no money into this guitar and it still kicks a**" =D>

Should you leave it alone? Yeah, you should've and told me how I could get a Studio for 99 bucks

@*#& you! :D

Don't complain, personally I would leave it, firstly for the effect of having a Road Worn, just to mess with people, and also to show that looks don't matter, it still rocks

I hate you so much right now though.........[-o<

Actually I traded a 12 string tak valued at $99. so it didn't really cost me anything except a guitar

I never play. The guy got put out of his house and lives in an apartment and wanted a acoustic.

I don't know I just like clean guitars.

Leave it alone. This reminds me of a time when I went to this guys house to buy a G&L. This was years ago before I knew of the existance of qualified skilledl uthiers. I was about 18 or so.

Guy: "Hey I got this old Gibson. The necks cracked. Ya might be able to glue it or sumpin er sombody mite fix it fer ya. I'll give it to ya fer $200.00".

Me: "Nah, It's all broke an stuff. Nobody caint fix that."

It was a genuine '52 LP goldtop. I wish I were dead.

Actually I traded a 12 string tak valued at $99. so it didn't really cost me anything except a guitar

I never play. The guy got put out of his house and lives in an apartment and wanted a acoustic.

I don't know I just like clean guitars.

Amazing story man...! The ones you get to read on the net and be sure that something like that could never happen on this side of the Atlantic... [confused]

Congrats anyway!

BTW, I also happen to like ''clean'' guitars. If it doesn't feel right to you every time you pick it up (as mentioned before by another member) see what you can do with it. As long it doesn't damage the instrument, you can only make it better. I don't really care if others pay fortunes to get that road worn look. I never really got that anyway...

Archived