Gibson Brands Forums

White streaks and different colors?

jrseriel

It's wood, what kind of a question is that?? Anyways...

Apply some bore oil and let it soak in for around 90 minutes, should darken everything up nicely.

Fret Doctor is a premium bore oil. Great product but you can also find cheaper bore oil.

Steaks are nice, they add character.

R6126.jpg

R8528.jpg

My lp has some white streaks on the lower frets. is there a way to permantly get rid of them? and half of my finger board is black and the other half brown? should this peice of wood not been used?

Didn't you ask this question a couple of months ago, saying "they messed up when they painted your fretboard"?

Didn't you ask this question a couple of months ago' date=' saying "they messed up when they painted your fretboard"?[/quote']

he did, I think he posted a link to youtube, a review of the guitar or something, when he said it.

Send ur LP back to Gibson...tell them you don't think the fretboard looks right....cuz it looks too much like rosewood...they'll replace it for you!

Tell 'em to paint it over 'cause they messed up the paintjob on the fretboard.

Then ask them if you should do drugs.

You guys are acting like idiots. At least he's not asking which guitar he should buy...

He doesn't have too, I believe he said in an earlier post, he got to try his les paul before he bought it.

its a lot harder to pick a quality made guitar, from a couple thousand miles away. Its a lot easier to make a choice of guitar, when they are in front of you and you can play them and try them before you buy.....

What interests me is whether Fret Doc is really the best choice or not, 'cause my LP needs a maintenance definitely. I've never used 'anything' on the neck of my guitars so far, and probably I've should have done this already long time ago. The necks are looking more and more to the keyboard of my Mac...[biggrin]

Archived