Gibson Brands Forums

DC Sniper nears his fate

Blackie

After his conviction here in Virginia Beach where his trial was held and the death penalty imposed

at a cost of 1.5 million and counting, the man that still proclaims his innocence will be given a lethal injection Tuesday at 9 pm. The final bills from lawyers are still to be submitted.At least 12 murders have been attributed to this man and an accomplice.

good, i hope his stupid *** rotts in hell!! murderers dont deserve to live, they should ALL be executed.... [blink]

I was living in Southern Maryland when all that was going on. Pretty scary time' date=' people never knew if they were going to be zapped while checking their mail or waiting for a bus or filling their cars. Might have killed 12, but terrorized millions.[/quote']

+1

I was living in Southern Maryland when all that was going on. Pretty scary time' date=' people never knew if they were going to be zapped while checking their mail or waiting for a bus or filling their cars. Might have killed 12, but terrorized millions.[/quote']

If I recall, schools were let out early on that first day when they struck several times.

My sister-in-law was also living in VA about a mile from the Ponderosa where one person was killed.

It's kinda funny now, but people were pumping gas and ducking and dodging the whole time. That was whack!

He should have been done in a long time ago.

+1 how many taxpayer's dollars were spent to keep him alive all this time. They should have put him up against the wall and shot him with his own gun a long time ago.

Same goes for the Ft. Hood Terrorist American soldier murderer.

I remember that f#^ker. Hiding in his car and shooting people for fun... where does this sick crap come from?

Knock off one to save 12 million? The math works.

BTW, I travel to Malaysia alot for work. They still have hanging there... and caining... not much street crime either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-472442/Malaysian-minister-defends-caning-prisoners-gruesome-video-appears-internet.html

I don't get the death penalty. Seems like the greater punishment is to stick someone in a jail for the rest of their lives. It also has become too expensive to put someone to death...not to mention that the US is one of the only developed nations that still participates in state-sanctioned killing. As for the latter, that just ain't right.

Tommy K...if you think that God should sort it out, then let God sort it out. Stick the guy in jail forever, and if God wants to take him early or inflict him with some horrible disease, then let that be his will. The state shouldn't be expediting the process.

It also has become too expensive to put someone to death...not to mention that the US is one of the only developed nations that still participates in state-sanctioned killing. As for the latter' date=' that just ain't right. [/quote']

Moon,

As far as it being too expensive to put someone to death, that's essentially shows how valuable any life really is. Death penalty cases are very expensive. It's a burdon that our country has determined must be shouldered though.

Other developed nations practice death penalty all the time. State-sanctioned killings happen all the time in Russia and China and others like Venezuela and Cuba. In some countries they don't even give the perpetrator a trial. In others it's only a show trial.

Mr. Sniper will no doubt see the needle soon.

This is scarry ****... Spreading death just for... amusement?

Generally speaking I'm not in favour of the death sentence. But actions like this one' date=' get me rethinking...[/quote']

I would just like to point out one reason he did it. He was intending on shooting his ex wife and making it look like part of the sniper attacks. Pretty sick to kill 12 people just because you are mad about divorce results. She was going to get his real kids.

Tommy K...if you think that God should sort it out' date=' then let God sort it out. Stick the guy in jail forever, and if God wants to take him early or inflict him with some horrible disease, then let that be his will. The state shouldn't be expediting the process. [/quote']

I think we should be a little more proactive - how about we throw his butt out of a plane at 10 thousand feet If god wants to get involved he can stop his fall....[biggrin]

Archived