Gibson Brands Forums

what do you listen to second most?

myspace.com/jessenoah

I'm all over the place and it just depends on my mood; I can't even say I have a favorite band. Today, I listened to Joe Walsh's Greatest Hits four times - on the way to work, twice at work, then on the way home. Tomorrow, I might be listening to Pantera or maybe Sinatra. Who knows?

I listen to most stuff in the Blues/Rock/Jazz genre

I try to stay versatile and well-read, persay, to keep up with different types of music and learn new things

Currently, I would say Joe Bonamassa and Them Crooked Vultures are up there.

But it is a never ending cycle and rotation, I will want to listen to some band non stop one week, then never want to hear them the next, then go back to them a month later.

Go figure [woot]

I listen to GN'R' date=' Slash's Snakepit and Velvet Revolver.[/quote']

me too plus

eric clapton, green day, chuck berry, eagles, zeppelin, elvis, bon jovi, coldplay, ac/dc, bb king, gregor hilden (awesome blues stuff, youtube) atreyu, 30 seconds to mars, nickelback etc, it all depends on my mood.

Surfpup...

He was a good egg.

Nice family over at Kaycee when I lived nearby and would see 'em in the grocery store. Unlike some places, everybody knew he was somebody and didn't bother him about it. He was a neighbor, kids in school, a way he figured to make a living and enjoy life his way by his standards. Sad he hadda quit pickin' for the rest of us at such a young age.

BTW, you'd have fun this coming Saturday: NFR Sendoff here for most of the region's NFR qualifiers this year and past qualifiers and a band and a beer and rodeo queens and some great steaks... I've gotta "work" doing a story and photos, but... I figure around 9 the camera can go in the outfit and then concentrate on hearing and telling fibs. And stuff.

m

I'm not even sure of what I listen to most; much less second most. I guess, probably...

the most: '50s/'60s Chicago blues (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson, Elmore James, Junior Wells, Willie Dixon, etc.)

2nd most: '60s San Fran scene hippie music (QMS, Airplane, Dead, Big Brother)

But, then there's a lot of ZZ Top, Canned Heat, Led Zep, early Stones, Beatles, Savoy Brown, Peter Green, Yardbirds, Bob Wills, Junior Brown, and on and on... sprinkled in there too.

...BTW' date=' you'd have fun this coming Saturday: NFR Sendoff here for most of the region's NFR qualifiers this year and past qualifiers and a band and a beer and rodeo queens and some great steaks... I've gotta "work" doing a story and photos, but... I figure around 9 the camera can go in the outfit and then concentrate on hearing and telling fibs. And stuff. [/quote']

Nice work if you can get it, right. ^_^ Enjoy!

I listen to very varied stuff really, I have favorite bands but I could not narrow it down to 1.

Actually I have a lot of compilations since I switched from vinyl to CDs and the subsequent expansion of my taste since the 80's

This week's rotation at work was:

- Best of Jimi Hendrix (double CD)

- G'nR, Appetite for Destruction

- Best of Ten Years After

- Best of George Harrison

- Dokken, Back for the Attack

- Accept Balls to the Wall

- Accept Restless and Wild

- Bryan Adams Unplugged

- AC/DC Black Ice

In the car and MP3 CD with a Led Zeppelin 4-disc set.

Coming in the mail tomorrow: George Thorogood, Dirty Dozen. Coincidentally I just saw he is coming to town. yay!

Archived