Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton And Aerosmith to Form ‘Supergroup’?

dem00n

By the guy who is "quoted" in the story, he went on and said it was a rumor

Great journalism guys, maybe you should be sure of what is being written

That being said, I wouldn't believe it even if he didn't dispel it, they might be recording some songs together, but in no way would a group be able to form IMO #-o

OK' date=' they're ***** pop music. Happy?

They were freakin' hard rock until [i']Permanent Vacation[/i] in 1987.

Or have you never heard Toys In The Attic?

******* tool...Aerosmith did more than "Cryin'..."

Dude calm down...it was a joke. Yes i know they were hard rock but now adays i cant think of them like that.

Fine' date=' would it help you guys if I admitted that I dug my own grave?

Because I admit it. Happy?

Hell, I'll leave if you guys want me to. Doesn't seem like I add anything constructive to the community or anything.[/quote']

No we dont want you to leave, you do contrubiute to the forum i am a wintness of this.

You just say stupid things sometimes...be happy you dont do it every post (me).

So dont leave!

Now they are some weird soft 15 year old pseudo rock girl band.

YAY' date=' since everyone is taking offence to what everyone else is saying I will join in the mosh pit.

*puts on angry face:

What do you mean by soft 15 year old pseudo rock [b']GIRL [/b]band? I mean would soft pseudo 15 year old pseudo rock band not have been enough! like you gotta add to the list of insults the word girl?!

Okay, I feel better yay!!! btw, I'm so kidding. I got what you meant ^^V

and, clapton with jimmy again?! i want jeff beck to join and they can just leave aerosmith out of it.

I think it would be awful, and I love almost everything Page has done except for maybe "Come With Me" feat. P Diddy. I also wanted to add that supergroups are often not about making intelligent and beautiful music, but rater do it for the almighty buck.

Fine' date=' would it help you guys if I admitted that I dug my own grave?

Because I admit it. Happy?

Hell, I'll leave if you guys want me to. Doesn't seem like I add anything constructive to the community or anything.[/quote']

Relax brother, believe me we all feel like this sometimes.

I can't tell ya how many times I've posted and got the wrong reaction or worse none at all. I felt I should probably just go sit quietly in the Fender forum.

The trouble with typing is it never shows intent.

First of all, I've never considered Aerosmith a B-List band. They were always A+, even in their latest commercial-driven stuff...

Secondly, high expectations come with dissapointing results. And certainly, it's the love for the almighty dollar that is the driving force behind such endeavours and not creativity. BTW, how come noone mentioned Joe Perry as a trully great guitarist...?

And last... Who told X-Demon-Knight that he's not welcome in here? Everyone is welcome here, expecially members who always stay polite and have interesting opinions / knowledge to contribute... Get a good night's sleep and then your *** back in here boy!

Page and Clapton are right up my street, much more than Aerosmith (although I have my favourites too) but I have to admit, that to me, Aerosmith have moved with the times very well and continue to produce music that, like it or not, sounds current and actually quite well done.

Matt

I can kind of see the Aerosmith/Page thing. Joe and Jimmy are good friends and they do have some history together. Plus Joe's pissed at Steven and Jimmy's probably pissed at Robert (for not touring).

But, why would Clapton be involved? It's not like he needs work and do they really need a third guitar hero [biggrin]

Archived