Gibson Brands Forums

Did someone just delete a thread?

pippy

I spent quite a while typing (not my best medium) an unbiased reply to a post on what I remember being a 'Homz appreciation' thread and, at the end of half-an-hour-or-so, when I hit the 'post' button I received a strange on-screen message which didn't register with me and, when I went back to the home page, the entire thread was gone!

Is this normal?

I spent quite a while typing (not my best medium) an unbiased reply to a post on what I remember being a 'Homz appreciation' thread and' date=' at the end of half-an-hour-or-so, when I hit the 'post' button I received a strange on-screen message which didn't register with me and, when I went back to the home page, the entire thread was gone!

Is this normal?[/quote']

Normal is a relative term in this case.

Yes, that is the normal behavior for a thread that's been deleted.

I don't think it would be considered normal for all threads to be deleted, just certain threads with either objectionable content or a predictable "downward path".

I hope this helps answer your question [biggrin]

who is homz? [cool]

i love being the new kid xD

Hi Izzyx

Roger; aka 'Homz'' date=' used to post here and ceased posting (for what ever reason) as the political arguments of political party vs opposing party got quite heated on a regular basis[biggrin']

There were some, shall we say, 'interesting' debates with with Homz and other members.

For the record, (from a personal perspective); his wife and him are friends and despite our many different views; share a sense a humour and love of music [-(

Matt

Archived