Gibson Brands Forums

Your weaknesses in life

Silenced Fred

(Heavy sigh.....)

Dear God' date=' don't you know ANYTHING?

[crying

JP stands for Jimmy Page, the 2 is for his reissue that Gibson just introduced.

Jeez!

[cool]

(Yeah, even as big a fan as I am I had to think for a minute)

[biggrin]

So it was a stupid question? Can't you guys agree about anything?

BTW thanks. I didn't know that. I'm clearly the only forum member who missed that one. But don't worry, I'll get over it.

DAS44. Thanks. I missed that thread. Hilarious!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One big bad weakness has defined a large part of my life for many, many years - not so much now though.

There is only enough blood in my body to run my brain OR my penis, but not BOTH.

Man - do I get into trouble a lot - but oh boy, it sure as hell is fun.....

ROFLMAO! Kris' date=' I'll let that be your secret. All couples need secrets. [biggrin']

Hahaha! True Dennis, but for you I have no secrets, for instance, ...my first strenght is that I'm able to jump of our bedroom wardrobe while wearing my batman outfit and then fly out over the kingsize bed and land on the 'right' spot, in only one take...

ROFLMAO! Kris' date=' I'll let that be your secret. All couples need secrets. [biggrin']

Hahaha! True Dennis, but for you I have no secrets, for instance, ...my first strenght is that I'm able to jump of our bedroom wardrobe while wearing my batman outfit and then fly out over the kingsize bed and land on the 'right' spot, in only one take...

Hahaha! True Dennis' date=' but for you I have no secrets, for instance, ...my first strenght is that I'm able to jump of our bedroom wardrobe while wearing my batman outfit and then fly out over the kingsize bed and land on the 'right' spot, in only one take...

Yee Haw! You go, Kris!

IMG_1615.jpg?t=1262629036

Seems to me what most of you are listing as weaknesses are actually strengths, (save the beer and opiates).

My wife IS my greatest strength. She's the reason I still play guitar, the reason I still work hard at my job, (42 years in the same industry), the reason I enjoy my son and DIL so much, the reason I live where I live in a house I could have only dreamed about, drive a car I could have only dreamed about, living a life I could have only dreamed about.

Weaknesses? hiding from exercise, short temper at times, eating too many donuts...THOSE are weaknesses....

beautiful women, beautiful guitars, good wine, gin 'n tonic, etc....etc....etc....those are all strengths!

I hope the flames of Hades will not burn either of our backsides for that!

we wouldn't have a leg to stand on[biggrin] :) [lol]

Matt

Boy this post went downhill for those of us that are limb numerically challenged.

Ive personally never understood this statement I still have a leg to stand on in fact I have two one just cost a hell of a lot more and just think how long at least one of my shoes can last since it never gets sweaty or smelly.

there's other benefits also just think yo have a 50-50 chance if a dog wants to bite you same with thorns and broken glass if I step on something sharp even odds I won't even know it and just think how coordinated it makes me I once had a person ask me how long I could stand on one foot and I was able to answer 22 years so far who else can say that! [lol]

Oh and in case anyone is wondering I'm not offended in any way I where shorts all the time for a reason I want people to see the artificial leg that way they know Im physically challenged and not just drunk or uncoordinated.

IMG_1578copy.jpg

Retro...

All kiddin' aside...

We've a young cop here who has several storebought legs to replace one that quit working courtesy of a land mine overseas.

I didn't see it, but I'm told that as the young cop made a saloon arrest one night, the fellow who didn't wanna be arrested tried to kick the heck out of the young cop's shin.

I'm told by witnesses that the look on the arrestee's face was something for a photo album when the cop just grinned at him and told him he could try harder if he wanted...

m

I where shorts all the time for a reason I want people to see the artificial leg that way they know Im physically challenged and not just drunk or uncoordinated.

IMG_1578copy.jpg

You lucky sonalagun! I got nothin' but stupid braces and I don't wear shorts. So they always just think I'm drunk....and I ain't had a drink in 20 years. :)

Retro...

All kiddin' aside...

We've a young cop here who has several storebought legs to replace one that quit working courtesy of a land mine overseas.

I didn't see it' date=' but I'm told that as the young cop made a saloon arrest one night, the fellow who didn't wanna be arrested tried to kick the heck out of the young cop's shin.

I'm told by witnesses that the look on the arrestee's face was something for a photo album when the cop just grinned at him and told him he could try harder if he wanted...

m

[/quote']

Good for him and your city is progressive I had to leave police work when I was injured. it was in 1987 before a lot of laws on ada rights had been added but I lost my police officer certification based on physical challenges I could not meet like running 3 miles and a vertical jump test. It can be a hoot though kids especially notice it and little tiny kids inthe two or three year old range don't know enough of societies strange rules to worry about it so they come up and knock on my leg it's a hoot to watch that parents panic. It used to be a lot harder when artificial limbs were not waterproof but now I can surf and dive with a water leg (looks like a toilet plunger instead of a foot but works great) i used to have to get close to the ocean and then throw might leg to my wife when I went into the water and you can imagine some of the looks that created a 6'4" guy hopping around in the sand on one leg and for some reason my wife always thought it was funny to scream and yell shark[blink]

Retro...

Your wife be bad.... <chortle>

As for the "young" - well okay, around 30, plus or minus - police officer, I know him well enough to know if he has problems, it ain't particularly 'cuz of the un-leg.

During our power outage here the week before Christmas, he was delivering emergency oxygen to a cupla senior citizens and it was coooooold.

m

Boy this post went downhill for those of us that are limb numerically challenged.

Ive personally never understood this statement I still have a leg to stand on in fact I have two one just cost a hell of a lot more

LMAO,

Thank you for not being offended; I enjoy yours and others people's black humour in this wonderful life!

My friend, who has two years left to live, is a funny SOB. When he showed the barmaid this contraption "he has to wear for the rest of his life" she looked saddened.

He replied

"oh, it's not that bad. I only have to wear it for another two years"

God bless youx

Matt

Archived