Gibson Brands Forums

Official Insomnia Thread

Silenced Fred

i go to bed at 5am

once i start working i'll be due in at 6:30am

i'll be looking to be switched to nights as soon as i can.

i just feel better at night, more alert, more inspired. once i am in bed at 5 i do sleep, though.

I go through cycles of only sleeping about 1 hour a night for 3 or 4 days and subsequently crashing for like 2 consecutive days straight. It really sucks. I always feel like a zombie or like I'm in a dream or something.

yea.... i have trouble sleeping a lot.... i physically cant fall asleep until usually about 1 or 2 am.... and even then most of the time im not tired enough.... and the only way i can actually fall asleep is by listening to some soft music.... and it always takes about 30-45 min for me to fall asleep.... so a lot of times i barely get any sleep all night.... and i completely agree with you.... i love the peacefulness of 3am.... :)

I read that kids that are homeschooled dont have trouble sleeping.

Wonder why?

Around 50% of kids (no joke this is real) that got to a public or private school have trouble sleeping.

I read that in ny times, time magzine and local newspaper.

Same like all of you.

I love the peacefulness of 3am and i have trouble sleeping.

I don't sit the hell down or go to bed when I should.

I am always tired, when I do sleep well I am a different person.

My main problem is caffeine but I love coffee and although I only drink it in the morning it stays with me.

I fall sleep fast but once my body gets the minimum rest caffeine kicks in.

A lot of times insomnia is directly tied to what we eat and drink and when we do it.

During the warm months theres nothing I like more than going for a bike ride at 3am. The air is sticky sweet and theres

not a soul around. I live right at the bottom of a mountain (Niagara Escartment) so the trails are endless.

There's stuff out here in our woods at that time of night that would eat you. Course' date=' I also read an article about a griz running outta the woods in Alaska to knock a rider off a moving Harley in broad daylight. Apparently they don't like the noise. Happy riding. [blink[biggrin]

There's stuff out here in our woods at that time of night that would eat you. Course' date=' I also read an article about a griz running outta the woods in Alaska to knock a rider off a moving Harley in broad daylight. Apparently they don't like the noise. Happy riding. [blink'] [biggrin]

lol!...I do think of that when im riding along during the wee hours. We dont have Bears here, the only thing

that may do me some damage (besides a human) would be a Coyote. I do take a retractable metal baton

with me when I go.

It is just a bunch of stress with school and stuff. Dem00n I completely believe all of that, I was homeschooled until the fourth grade and there are a lot less worries, but there are now all these assignments and other worries, like staying up late to work on homework or a project.

Lately, I have been on a crazy sleep schedule due to break and such. I like playing guitar not plugged in at those instances.

Up until last week, I was dealing with around three weeks of insomnia. I would fall asleep then wake up an hour or two later, be up for three or four hours then go back to sleep for another hour or two before having to go to work. It happens to me once in a while but that was the longest stretch that it has ever lasted and it sucked. Finally, I fell out of that pattern and am back to sleeping normally (normal for me, anyway).

For the Christmas Vacation I went to bed every day at about 4am and got up at 6am...

Felt fine for the day..then the same thing over and over.

I went to bed at like 10 the day before school...Couldn't sleep till like 12...

Now my pattern is getting normal again....its sad.

I like my erratic hours.

I read that in ny times' date=' time magzine [/b']and local newspaper.

Now there's a couple of objective sources!

It's not news, it's an agenda.

I've never worked a normal '9 to 5' in my life.

Worked off a pager on 24 hour call for years until I went into the plant world.

Worked rotating 12 hour shifts for nealy 15 years now.

Currently I'm on a 35 day rotation.

6 days off! Woo-Hoo!!!

4 nights

4 days off (first one spent sleeping)

3 days

1 day off

4 days in a classroom (10 hours a day, try that schoolboys!)

2 days off

3 nights

4 days off (first one spent sleeping)

4 days

Starts all over again....

I'm beyond insomnia!

It is just a bunch of stress with school and stuff. Dem00n I completely believe all of that' date=' I was homeschooled until the fourth grade and there are a lot less worries, but there are now all these assignments and other worries, like staying up late to work on homework or a project.

Lately, I have been on a crazy sleep schedule due to break and such. I like playing guitar not plugged in at those instances.[/quote']

i completely agree about it having to do with projects and hw and stuff.... i usually procrastinate until about 10 pm to start hw.... but then again i only do that cuz i know ill be up till 2-3am and its easier to focus without my family's distractions.... so idk [thumbup]

Archived