Gibson Brands Forums

Earthquake in Cali?

ChanMan

Yeah... we rarely get the EQ thing here in TN. Mostly just twisters...

Found something:

About 28,000 customers, most of them in Humboldt County, were left without power Saturday evening, said Jeff Smith, spokesman for Pacific Gas and Electric Co. One gas leak in the county was also reported.

He said utility crews were patrolling the area to restore power.

There were no immediate reports of serious injuries or damage, according to local authorities and the U.S. Coast Guard in Humboldt County. St. Joseph's hospital confirmed one person being treated for a broken hip and several others arriving with bumps and bruises from the earthquake.

Nearly a dozen aftershocks followed, the strongest at 4.5 magnitude.

And thanks guys!

Now that I'm looking more closely we got a lot of folks out there... Glad you're all ok!

/whew Those earthquakes freak me out....

Lived through the last 3 Major quakes, in Southern California, in my 30 years of living in Glendale.

They are a "trip," to say the least! But, unless it's at least a 4.0, people won't even stop a conversation

or get out of bed, etc. LOL! 6.5 can be a decent shake, depending on where it's centered. Just hope it

isn't a precurser to a larger one.

Be safe, all!

CB

Seriously? My girlfriend had the computer for a little while so this is the first news of it I've heard. Hope everything is ok up North.

{edit} just realized we're talkin' about one Earthquake here' date=' not two. Sorry, it's been a long week. [cool

Was that an earthquake, or Terrence "Mount" Cody (Alabamas Noseguard) hitting another Texas running back?

Roll Tide!

(sorry about the pun, and I hope everyones O.K. I just HAD to say that, because it's exactly what one of the RoseBowl TV announcers said Thurs. night)

Seriously? My girlfriend had the computer for a little while so this is the first news of it I've heard. Hope everything is ok up North.

{edit} just realized we're talkin' about one Earthquake here' date=' not two. Sorry, it's been a long week. [biggrin

What?! You mean...you weren't right there when I was going through what I was going through? I...I thought you were there. My God, I was ALONE through that nightmare??!!

We bad. [biggrin]

Yeah, that was the biggest one I think I can remember feeling in 30+ years up here. Wonder what follows.

I'm in Northern California, and I didn't feel a thing....(but adult beverages may have been involved!).

In reality, I'm a couple hundred miles south of Ferndale, which is a beautiful little town near Eureka, (I go there for dog shows).

6.5 is big...but it ain't huge.... (AKA Northridge or Loma Prieta).

I've lived in CA my entire life and have experienced many earthquakes.

Comes with living on the left coast.

I suspect your moniker is a dead give-away as to where you live!

You're not too far from Coalinga.... there is LOTS of earthquake activity there!!

What?! You mean...you weren't right there when I was going through what I was going through? I...I thought you were there. My God' date=' I was ALONE through that nightmare??!!

We bad. [smile

Yeah, that was the biggest one I think I can remember feeling in 30+ years up here. Wonder what follows.

Nope, I'm a little to far south to feel Eureka. I was surprised to find out the one you felt was from California at all (which is where my confusion came from), that was a big one.

Hope those plates have settled down a bit now.

Nope' date=' I'm a little to far south to feel Eureka. I was surprised to find out the one you felt was from California at all (which is where my confusion came from), that was a big one.

Hope those plates have settled down a bit now.[/quote']

Looks like they're still trying to find their new fit.

Image is link to list of quakes on this map

37.47.-130.-120.gif

When the Ohio River (outside my kitchen window) starts running backwards again, (again?) you'll have my attention.....

Honestly, California NEEDS to sink into the ocean.........

Just sayin'......

Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaaa.

Archived