Gibson Brands Forums

Quality...or brand?

Cruznolfart

The MSRP on the Gibson hoodies is over $200.00! Can you imagine the conversation around the table when this product line was being developed? Who do they think we are? Rich but stupid? Seriously' date=' it's insulting. Talk about being [i']exclusive[/i].

gibson players are exclusive! [thumbup] , i know what you mean though...they think if you pay a few thousand for there guitars then you'l pay a few hundred for the hoodies. memo to gibson: NO! [-(:-k

I refuse to pay, especially those prices, to do someone's advertising for them!

In fact, they should GIVE you a "hoodie," or T-shirt, with the purchase of the guitar..especially

for what they're charging, these days! If they want to put their logo, on something and keep

the price the same as a regular T or Sweat shirt...just to get their brand name out there...fine!

But, for us to have to pay a premium, to do that is BS! I'll wear plain T's and Sweats, first...

thank you very much! ;>b

CB

I was thinking about the printing too, grampa, and that would increase the price, especially since it's more than one color (Fender is one color). I don't think it's $40 worth of printing though. It does have the custom lining in the hood which adds to it.

A hoody is considered "gang wear?"[confused]

Never heard that one before.... My kids wear hoodies all the time' date=' and go to upstanding schools. When we were kids we used to wear hoodies.

[/quote']

Yep, depending upon where you live and who controls the streets. When we were in Salinas, in 1982-83, my Sons discovered, to their great surprise, there were certain shoes that they better not wear unless they wanted to get jumped. That was part of the reason for our return to the small-town life of southern Oregon. But even up here, when shopping clothes for the grands, it's amazing and very discouraging to see the clothing displays promoting pseudo gang-banger fashions.

My eldest's Headmaster occasionally refers to "hooded youths".

Now we can all be one!

Surely the thinking behind the price is the same as that which sets a price tag of £1k for a Larry Vitoff handbag or £90 for a pair of Nike trainers made in Sri Lanka?

Complete nonsense Gibson.

I got a free Martin T shirt with a 3 pack of strings the other week.

Makes complete sense.

The recession may be officially over, on this side of the pond at least, but there's 2 or 3 years of pain to come for most of us.

$90? No thanks. Metallica and Kiss don't even charge that much for hoodies w/ just as much print.

Also' date=' am I the only one who has not seen "Pants on the ground?" I'm gonna try to stay away from American Idol this year.[/quote']

There's always Youtube. [biggrin]

[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Winner... American Idol 2010!

(and I quoted AXE®)

[biggrin]

Are those grommets sewn into the pockets on the lower Gibson hoody, or just screen printed?

Hard to tell about clothing from an online pic, sometimes.

Having just bought my third Fender T-Shirt in a year, I feel I need to speak up on this issue.

I got this Telecaster T-Shirt on sale for $13.00 with free shipping.

You have to be a smart shopper. Either you can afford to pay now, or you can wait till it goes on sale, hopefully they'll have your size. In my case, Fender did. See I paid $24.00 with free shipping for this same shirt last year. I couldn't pass up on an opportunity like this. But again, being a smart shopper had a lot to do with it.

If you have the money and are in the place where you can buy a $90.00 Gibson sweat shirt, I say do it. If you find it's on sale a year from now, buy it.

Well' date=' the difference makes sense to me. The Fender ones have bolt-on hoods instead of set ones! This is cheap manufacturing I say!

[-([lol]:-k

Cheap, you say? Perhaps it's just good planning. It's much easier to replace a damaged bolt-on hood than one that is set. Damage a set-hood hoodie and it's off to the hoothier!

Archived