Gibson Brands Forums

Just recently brought this home.

pippy

Thanks for all the kind words, folk.

The guitar is a 1995 Les Paul Classic. One previous owner who ditched the 'scripted' PG and swapped out the pups for a pair of Seymour Duncans. I don't know what type yet.

The finish is, almost unbelievably, Honeyburst but because the timber is so dark it has that unusually dark overall look. In real life it resembles a type of stone known here as "Tiger's Eye". It shimmers in the light as it moves. Very unusual.

It plays beautifully but tone-wise it's still a bit of an unknown as the treble tone pot has been wired up incorrectly which means that with the exception of the 'rhythm' choice I haven't heard what it can do. On that setting it sounded good enough to risk!

Theres quite a few tricks.

I can see in the photo but the main thing will require a very good camrea.

Funnily enough, dem00n, it's a straight shot taken in my dining-room near the French windows. You don't need a fancy camera to take half-decent snaps; just an understanding of what 'Light' does. 'Photography' - Drawing with Light.

You lie...

Correct! I forgot to say that it's a Les Paul 'Classic' Premium Plus; hence the fancier than normal figure.

Apologies.

Nice chair. IKEA? It's hard to tell that dam beautiful guitar is blocking the shot!

LOL!

There's a shot of the chair on it's way to you!

I thought that too... it really does look vintage and better than some custom shop reissues I've seen.

Congrats on a great guitar pippy [biggrin]

Thanks again, people.

Re-reading the posts it occured to me that on this occasion, in retrospect, I've been tripped up by one of my normal traits; when I tried out the guitar I didn't plug it in until I was already sure I was going to buy it. Had I given it a proper going-over in the shop I'd have realised that the tone circuitry was awry and had it fixed before I handed over the readies!

Lesson learned! PLUG IT IN!!!!!

Archived