Gibson Brands Forums

Best Hangover Cure

El_Jeffe_Solid

There is no cure for a hangover, but water definitely helps. When you have a hangover, you have poisoned yourself....that dehydrates you so water not only helps flush out the garbage you've put in your body, but also replenishes your moisture.

I've heard a million "home remedies" for hangovers but no one can provide anything but anecdotal "proof" that it works...hehehe

There is no cure for a hangover' date=' but water definitely helps. When you have a hangover, you have poisoned yourself....that dehydrates you so water not only helps flush out the garbage you've put in your body, but also replenishes your moisture.[/quote']

This is correct. There is no cure, if one already has a hangover.

But:

Before going to bed I always drink a lot of water and take some vitamin C.

That usually keeps me from having a hangover in the first place.

Precaution helps - 1000mg of vitamin C, a couple of Advils and a giant glass of water before bed helps.

In the morning, same thing but add a regular multivitamin into the mix. Gatorade and V8 can help if you can choke it down.

Drinking more doesn't cure a hangover....you're just continuing to add more poison to your body. It may take away that headache and upset stomach for a while...but now you'll deal with a WORSE hangover than you would have if you just drank some water....

Precaution helps - 1000mg of vitamin C' date=' a couple of Advils and a giant glass of water before bed helps[/b'].

In the morning, same thing but add a regular multivitamin into the mix. Gatorade and V8 can help if you can choke it down.

This is what I do also, I believe it helps a lot!

1. Smoke some herb. It will help with the headache and calm your stomach enough to hold stuff down.

2. A liter of Smart Water. It's like Pedialyte for adults. This will push some electrolytes into you and help you hydrate faster.

3. Food. I like a few pancakes.

4. Coffee. No tea! The tannins will re-irritate your stomach.

Precaution helps - 1000mg of vitamin C' date=' a couple of Advils and a giant glass of water before bed helps.

In the morning, same thing but add a regular multivitamin into the mix. Gatorade and V8 can help if you can choke it down.[/quote']

Add a slug of Vitamin B complex.

Archived