Gibson Brands Forums

i want a telescaster

Jantha

Not to rip off the "i want a jackson" thread.. but...

I've always wanted a Telecaster. I played one the other day at the local GC. I want one even more now. Saving up as we speak. Wish me luck!

I'm thinking white or blonde.. mmmmmmmmm [lol]

fender-tele-honey-blonde.jpg

I've got one for when I need one. When I worked with some Country bands it was sorta expected.

It hasn't been played much the last few years, I just prefer the tones of the humbuckers, and I also prefer the 24 3/4" scale.

Best of luck.

They're all over craigslist and ebay.

You can get a good deal on an Hecho en Mexico Tele.

If you want to spend a little more, try the Crafted in Japan models.

Those are real nice too.

Oh, also, try TDPRI's classified adds. There's a lot of telecasters on there.

You might have to join. But it's free and worth the weight in gold when it comes to Telecaster knowledge.

TDPRI Telecaster Discussion Forum

One day, When the right Tele comes along, I'll get one. I've only come across maybe Three Teles I REALLY wanted. One of them was in Midnight Music in Vegas, I was about 23 or 4. There was this Blond Tele hanging on the wall with a Deep V on piece Maple neck. It sounded perfect and practically payed itself. I decided overnight to cut my visit short and buy the guitar, but it wasn't there the next day but it had been sold. [sad]

I think that one spoiled me on Teles, the one I get has to measure up to "The Midnight Music Tele".

Hope you find the Tele you want. A really cool guitar that sounds great. The Mex. Tele is a well made Fender.

I have a feeling the one I played here was a Japanese Import, the price was $400 and something dollars used around 1996. It could have been a MIM, but I don't think they had the Deep V neck on MIM's of the time.

101_0052.jpg

Nothing wrong with the Mexican Tele 'cept the resale value.

Still a good guitar.

But being the Gear Snob that I am' date=' you know I ain't going nowhere but Corona, California.

Here's my 2005 American Ash Tele.

It just received a black pickguard like yours, CM.

[img']http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/3375030734_bf915d0747.jpg[/img]

3377788576_580fa4c991.jpg

3377788582_6ac3c16008.jpg

I have never even played a Tele...........always hated their looks...........but might be the magic guitar for all I know.

Yea, I know what you mean. I used to think they were so damn ugly.. but ugly in a way that made me really want one.. if that makes any sense hehe.

I love their looks now. There's something about their simplicity that really appeals to me.

They're all over craigslist and ebay.

You can get a good deal on an Hecho en Mexico Tele.

If you want to spend a little more' date=' try the Crafted in Japan models.

Those are real nice too.

Oh, also, try TDPRI's classified adds. There's a lot of telecasters on there.

You might have to join. But it's free and worth the weight in gold when it comes to Telecaster knowledge.

TDPRI Telecaster Discussion Forum

Thanks for the link CM. Checking it out right now.

I have never even played a Tele...........always hated their looks...........but might be the magic guitar for all I know.

I consider them almost in their own category. It's a guitar' date=' but different. For those who "get it" (me not included), it's a completely different instrument. I've posted this video a thousand times, but this defines a player who get's it.

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

and more....

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

The best Tele I've ever played was the custom model with the Seymour Duncan minihumbucker in the neck position. I'm not crazy about the SD but this thing just played like butter. It was hands down the best Fender I've played. It was SO GOOD.

I've always thought it was kindof funny that Fenders shop is in Corona. I don't know why. I like it though that place is literally over a hill from me.

Anybody that ROCKS a single coil Telecaster is accomplishing something.

Low-output pickups, every sound coming out of the guitar is from your fingers.

With their clarity and definition, you're gonna have to be busy to make it smoke.

I found myself much more impressed with Tele players after I bought mine.

I finally "get it" now...

I'm not really a Country guy, but those cats are amazing on their Teles.

The Telecaster is and amazing guitar so simple it can get complex if that makes any sense. or adding to Neo it adds very little to your playing but in the right hands truly amazing. I can't really imagine a guitar player not owning at minimum a Les Paul a Strat a Tele and at least one good acoustic. But hey I can't keep my collection under 40 [cool]

Anyone who says a Tele isn't versatile needs to listen to John5 everything from Country Chicken-Pickin to heavy metal all from a Tele

I've loved the ones I've played... That being said I do enjoy the sound of a humbucker more.

I know exactly what you mean! the only thing i can fault on mine is that leads with the neck pick up (that i would love on my LP) are just not there. Real shame, but still! amazing guitar.

Archived