Gibson Brands Forums

who sucks and who is good

some people say that jimmy page sucks live

some people say that the guy from toto is the most talented guitarist to ever live

some people say gary moore gets the greatest tone ever

some people say that steve vai plays with more emotion then any one to ever live

IT IS A FACT

in my mind

that what I believe is right, and the rest of you are wrong, except to yourselves, and people who think like you

and what I believe is wrong, except for myself and the people who think like me

For the record, I think jimmy page is the best guitar player ever, because you can hear every mistake, if he was perfect, it wouldnt be music, it would be elevator music, totally void of tension, agony, awesomeness, arrogance, or swagger.

I dont like steve vai because he has a fan pointed @ him while he plays

I dont like the guy from toto because his chops are too perfect, they dont move me @ all

I dont like gary moore, because he plays with way too much gain

I could go on and on, but sometimes it is good to realize that we are all different, and with different tastes, come different favorites. no one ever says mexican food is better then itallian food which is better the BBQ hamburgers which is better then..............

its all different, and its all good!

except for billy joe armstrong, he will always suck

[smile]

Jimmy Page is a God in my book.

That the guy from Toto is Steve Lukather, and he was one of the first guitar players to grab me by the ears.

Hold The Line came out amongst a bunch of Pop Crap in the seventies, when I was first learning.

Didn't know what he was doing - but I liked it.

I discovered Page later....

Moore - hot & cold.

Vai, Satriani, Eric Johnson, Malmsteen = fretboard gymnastics - ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

Billy Gibbons on anything before Eliminator came out - Pearly Gates indeed.

Angus & Malcomb, when Bon Scott was still up front - Timeless.

Joe Perry - ANYTHING by Aerosmith in the seventies.

Tom Petty - all downhill after the early eighties.

Clapton - did a few songs I like.

Beck - same.

Townsend - did several I liked with the Who, but I never bought any of it.

Rolling Stones - some good stuff, but Jagger turns my stomach.

Grateful Dead - Sorry, not a single song do I give a damn about.

Doors - See Grateful Dead (Okay, maybe LA Woman)

Jethro Tull - Huh? A flute?

Yes - Too far up their own ***.

CSN - Out of all their albums I like maybe three songs.

Springsteen - No thanks.

Beatles - I liked Wings stuff a lot....

That's enough for now.

:-)

80's metal - sucked almost exclusively.

Ratt - Out Of The Cellar was good.

Cinderella had some good Les Paul-heavy songs.

GnR - AFD was a killer album, Axl should have quit then.

Even the Metal Gods started using synths and wearing pink spandex....

some people say that the guy from toto is the most talented guitarist to ever live

some people say that steve vai plays with more emotion then any one to ever live

IT IS A FACT

in my mind

that what I believe is right' date=' and the rest of you are wrong, except to yourselves, and people who think like you

For the record, I think jimmy page is the best guitar player ever, because you can hear every mistake, if he was perfect, it wouldnt be music, it would be elevator music, totally void of tension, agony, awesomeness, arrogance, or swagger.

I dont like the guy from toto because his chops are too perfect, they dont move me @ all

I could go on and on, but sometimes it is good to realize that we are all different, and with different tastes, come different favorites. no one ever says mexican food is better then itallian food which is better the BBQ hamburgers which is better then..............

its all different, and its all good![/size']

:-

very well put jesse! [biggrin]

IT IS A FACT

in my mind

that what I believe is right' date=' and the rest of you are wrong, except to yourselves, and people who think like you

its all different, and its all good![/size']

[biggrin]

I just wanted to quote you in case anyone missed the topic.

hold the line has the worst guitar solo ever recorded

+1,000,000

Every time that damn song popped on the radio, I had turn it off before I tossed my cookies. Michael McDonald had the same effect on me in that era.

80's metal - sucked almost exclusively.

Ratt - Out Of The Cellar was good.

Cinderella had some good Les Paul-heavy songs.

GnR - AFD was a killer album' date=' Axl should have quit then.

Even the Metal Gods started using synths and wearing pink spandex....[/quote']

Well lets talks about all the rockers during the latter 70's that jumped on the disco bandwagon[thumbdn] .... Thank god bands like Boston and Van Halen were able to put some water to that disco inferno era.

As for 80's metal, there was one aspect that did bother me is that talent took a back seat to image. Our band back in the 80's after our rhythm guitar player and drummer were killed, we were forced to pass up on some great musicians because they didn't fit the slim bodied, full head of hair image.....

Vai' date=' Satriani, Eric Johnson, Malmsteen[/b'] = fretboard gymnastics - ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...................

Why does everyone always overlook Petrucci when talking about boring overestimated fretboard gymnasts? [biggrin]

I find him boring too.

Archived