Gibson Brands Forums

New to Gibson First Purchase ES-335

autodex

Congrats man, I love it!

I'm going to make a guess that you got that from Wildwood guitars? I recognize the figuring behind the bridge, and in fact I almost bought that very guitar myself. Ended up with a sunburst instead since I already have a red 330, but man I do love that red 335!

How's the tone?

Hi,

Yes! I did purchase the guitar from Wildwood. Troy helped me with the purchase, I had previously purchased a David Gilmour Strat Relic from him and they were really helpful with my first Gibson. I am still trying to get used to the larger body, unfortunately my amp is in for repair at the moment so I have not had a chance to test it out, but acoustically it sounds great.

autodex, nice ES-335 you got there. You have one with the block inlays, I see. The one I had, but no longer do, that was a Dot ES-335. It was Cherry Red. I had been Jonesing for another Gibson guitar for years. I finally recently purchased an

CS-336, Vintage Sunburst, that I love. I hope you enjoy your ES-335 for years to come. BTW, how did you come up with

the name Carol Ann for her?

Hello' date='

I just picked up my first Gibson guitar a custom ES-335 . Opinions are welcome and encouraged! Her name is Carol Ann

[/quote']

CarolAnn.jpg

Hi' date='

Yes! I did purchase the guitar from Wildwood. Troy helped me with the purchase, I had previously purchased a David Gilmour Strat Relic from him and they were really helpful with my first Gibson. I am still trying to get used to the larger body, unfortunately my amp is in for repair at the moment so I have not had a chance to test it out, but acoustically it sounds great.

[/quote']

You only have one amp?!?[blink]

First post' date=' make a splash....

Way to go, and welcome.[/quote']

Nice one Murph, warm and welcoming ... and you didnt even tell autodex why he should have got a 339 instead!

Sweet guitar autodex, welcome to the 335 club!

I want to thank everyone for the welcoming comments, I feel like I am part of the Gibson tradition, finally got to plug the 335 in and boy she really sings, I decided to take the pickguard off and I am having an ebony truss rod cover done with a lion inlay, will post pics when completed in a few weeks.

Thanks again

Steve

Archived