Gibson Brands Forums

Do you think its stupid to stop buying gibson's becuase of this forum?

dem00n

You know it! I still have my old Boss GE-7 that has Aquanet caked on the outside of it to prove it's authenticity.

You can still get Aqua Net at Stater Bros[biggrin] ... I went though mega cans / bottles of that and Infusion to get the tangles out of my locks[blush]

I still have my DigiTech (USA Made) PDS1700...... It looks like ****' date=' but it still works. However my green box 79 delay box took a dive, which forced me to by the inferior MXR CC delay[crying']

I often make my purchase decisions based on the activities of people I've never met in person. Heck' date=' I'd quit drinking Chock-Full-O-Nuts if I read stupid posts about in a Coffee Forum. Makes perfect sense to me. [rolleyes']

Post of the month...LOL!!!:-$

Dude... as much as it pains me to admit' date=' I still use Aquanet. I live in NJ so my hair is both aerodynamic and bulletproof.[/quote']

I do the Suave (extra crispy hold)..... My doo will hold its form in a hurricane[biggrin]

Just wondering what you guys think.

"Certain" members are going to stop buying gibsons because of a guitar forum.

I think thats just plain stupid.

But who am i to judge? :-$

If they are that fickle let them leave!

If they are that fickle let them leave!

If I may...

If that image in your avatar is you' date=' how are you able to stretch your mouth horizontally, while at the same time stretching your eyes vertically????[biggrin

If I may...

If that image in your avatar is you' date=' how are you able to stretch your mouth horizontally, while at the same time stretching your eyes vertically????[biggrin

Pfft! I can flare each nostril individually or at the same time or vary it up in time to a song. I could make a really cool nostril video using Styx's "Too Much Time On My Hands" and make you believe that the synth was actually my nostrils. I have many useless talents.

Living in the boonies...

I'd not buy anything that I'd not played.

Frankly there's something about most Gibson necks that I like' date=' regardless of what's on the headstock. Some other brands frankly I don't care for even though I will be the first to say they have a good reputation.

If anything, given the flood, people killed, out of work, lost homes and "everything," I think Gibson Nashville deserves support for the employees' sake if nothing else. Nashville is an astounding city with a nice population of folks who work hard and a cupla leaches (yeah, I've traveled through there), but it's had horrid things happen with that flood.

Gibson is not a perfect company, but I still think the Gibson guitar designs are top end and most of the time so are the individual instruments. When the individual instruments aren't, I wonder what percentage aren't because of people after the piece leaves the factory. I've seen more screwed up guitars "set up" by people who know even less about it than I do - and who then blame the manufacturer.

m

[/quote']

Well stated!!!

I've always been taught that you should listen to yourself when buying something..Sure take in to account what other's have to say but in the end, it's not them buying it. So if a couple people say Gibson suck ,,, well that's there words...Mine are..I love Gibson and I'm going to do what I want.....

+2 for M , If someone did not buy a Gibson because of what some of the people have said here, that's just dumb. All things aside , if you like the way a

Gibson plays,feels and sounds. How could someone else to you what to do . That's just weak. In another point of view, if those people stop buying Gibsons, than i have more new ones to pick from, that i might buy . So i could also thank them.

My Gear :-)

‘10 LP R0 50th Anniversary Version 3 1/500 (Cherry Burst)

‘09 LP R9 50th Anniversary (Heritage Dark Burst) 1/500, Bought 4-2010 new

‘10 PRS 25th Anniversary Santana Model ,10Top / Santana Yellow

‘09 LP R9 50th. Anniversary 1 of 59 (Rust Burst)

‘09 LP R0 Standard Ebony VOS

‘09 “Wildwood” CS - 356 Quilted maple & Korina

‘05 Les Paul Standard Faded T.B.

‘08 50th comm.edition, G.O.M. Flying V

‘08 July G.O.M. Longhorn Double Cut BV (Trans Blue)

‘08 Firebird VII (metallic red)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (black / rosewood neck)(Fat‘50’s pups)

‘08 Fender Stratocaster ‘70’s reissue (natural / maple neck)

1999 MIM Fender Stratocaster ’70’s reissue (white / maple neck)(‘69 pups)

1987 Japan Squier by Fender, Stratocaster (white / maple neck)

1986 Ovation Model # 1767-Legend

‘08 Marshall JVM 210H - 1960 AX Cabinet

‘10 Fender Blues Deluxe reissue

And some pedals

Your question is "Do you think its stupid to stop buying gibson's becuase of this forum?"

I can't answer that, because I don't really see a connection between this forum and anything.

If some people have decided not to support Gibson because of things they learned about the company on this forum, then I do see a connection, and I don't find it "stupid" at all.

Poor quality control, price fixing schemes, badly treated workers, miserable customer support, sleazy marketing, etc... These are all issues at Gibson, which have been raised time and again, not just on this forum, but in many places.

In my opinion only a very stupid person wouldn't take these things into consideration when thinking about whether or not to give a company his money, but that has nothing to do with this forum.

Buying used Gibsons is the solution...

[cool]

Poor quality control' date=' price fixing schemes, badly treated workers, miserable customer support, sleazy marketing, etc... These are all issues at Gibson, which have been raised time and again, not just on this forum, but in many places.

In my opinion only a very stupid person wouldn't take these things into consideration when thinking about whether or not to give a company his money, but that has nothing to do with this forum.

Buying used Gibsons is the solution...

[cool

+10000

But what if the guy selling used is doing it so he can fund a new gibson? :(

OOOPS I mean

-.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- --.. -.-- -.-- .---- ..--- ...-- ....-

" YYZYYZYYZYYZYY1234 "

I'm confused[blink] [cool]

It's the beginning of YYZ by Rush. That's what the rhythm is pounding out in Morse Code. Niel Peart got the idea from a Luggage Tag with the Airport Designation YYZ on it. After the 1234 things get Crazy. It's just there to separate my Signature from my posts.[biggrin]

Poor quality control' date=' price fixing schemes, badly treated workers, miserable customer support, sleazy marketing, etc...

[/quote']

---------------- Fill in the blank with the Company of your choice.

[biggrin]

I've made comments here about Gibson from the threads I've read. I'll still buy one though when I find the 'one'. I've learn't a lot here about 'fake' Les Pauls, I didn't know they were so prevelant. From a second hand point. I've read about 'bad' years. What were they? and why?

After over 20 years away from playing it's nice to be back.

Well, in the 1970s Gibson kinda lost a lot of support and there were questions of quality.

Ibanez, at least, did a good job of copying Gibson designs. That brought a "patent infringement" lawsuit even though there was no question "Ibanez" was on the headstock. Gibson won. Hence an Ibanez of that era with a full Gibbie design is known as a "patent infringement" instrument.

Frankly I think it was some of the best stuff Ibanez ever made - the best years of Japanese mass craftsmanship along with Gibson designs.

m

Archived